cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Humpledink
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Lip Synch Problems with DTRT2100 STB

I have recently purchased a Panasonic TX-40FS503B TV and a Panasonic SC-HTB200 sound bar. The existing BT YouView (DTRT2100) and Panasonic DVD recorder boxes are plumbed into the TV via an Ugreen HDMI switch. The second HDMI (ARC) port on the TV feeds the sound bar.

When using live TV, either on the TV or from the BT YouView everything is OK. However, when viewing recordings from the BT YouView STB there are lip sync problems, which I don’t understand as it works OK on live TV.

I have found the Settings/Picture and Sound/Synchronise Picture & Sound, which provide delay but to what as live TV from the STB are good! Humax say that they only provide the case for this product so they are unable to help with this detail and the BT use guide is not much better. The STB says it is up to date software wise. Not knowing the cause of the problem and how and when the delay is introduced is not making life easy trying to fix the issue.

The previous Pansonic LCD HD Ready TV did not have the problems with this box. Does anybody know why this happens with recordings and not live viewing and how to fix it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lip Synch Problems with DTRT2100 STB

Hi @Humpledink ,

Are you experiencing  the problrem on Freeview recordings , BTTV IPTV recordings or both ?

Also does the problem exist on both SD and HD recordings.

0 Ratings
Humpledink
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Zulu17,

We are only recording Freeview channels both in SD and HD, the majority in HD. I am not able to say if the problem occurs in one only but I believe it to be both.

0 Ratings
Humpledink
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

As a test today, we recorded the BBC news in HD and the local news in SD. The lip sync was immediately noticeable with HD but although it was there in SD it was much reduced. What this means, I haven't a clue!

0 Ratings