Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Live pause not FFWD'ing

Go to solution

On the UHD box I've just noticed that freeview BBC2 ( presemably all freeview? ) does not Fast Forward after being on Pause, neither the skip or the other buttons work, rewind still does though.

Has any one else had this ? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Live pause not FFWD'ing

Go to solution

I don't have freeview channels on my box, but the subscription channels behave oddly. Rewinding will only jump in 15 second chunks, FF will only go in 60 second chunks.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

seems a power cycle of the box has it working for FFWD again.

The skipping/ jerky time shift on internet channels has always been like that Andy05. 

I also notice that live pause still does not show the time offset like it used to before the update, (like even a 1990's VCR did! ) No idea why, since it doesn't seem like that much to ask for.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I thought that was probably the case, odd though how it has two ways of operating depending on whether you are watching a recording or 'live' TV, especially as live TV is essentially a recording.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Apparently it's because the UHD box lacks a certain hardware feature required to smoothly fast forward internet content, which if true makes it all the more odd that they permanently removed the 'jump to time offset option'

Freeview probably must use a different video format than the internet channels so basically to keep cost of box down they only support it on freeview ( I suppose…) 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

same problem today same solution Smiley Sad you'd perhaps think they'd fix these things ?

0 Ratings