Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Loosing Internet Connection Between Home Hub 5 and You View box

Hi All

Hope that you might be able to help me.

I have had for 12 months a BT Home Hub 5 and a normal You View box. Due to there location they are connected used Belkin plug in extenders. Normally I do not have an issue with them however I am finding that I get an occasional loss of internet when watching an internet channel or Netflix.

At first I assumed that it was an issue with the extenders however having run some test I can see that when I get the mesage on screen telling me that there is not an internet connection to the You View box, I can also see that the ethernet connection has dropped from the home hub and the connection is not showing as part of the connected devices.

At first I started to turn it off and on again which fixed the problem however I was confused as all of the connection lights were showing on the extenders suggesting there should be a connection. I have now started just unplugging the Ethernet cable from one of the extenders then imediatly plugging it back in. This imediatly fixes the connection issues and we are back up and running.

Its not a big issue if your watching something as it is a 10 secound fix however if your recording something then you can miss a whole program as it has not reset itself.

I am still not convinced that the extenders are causing this issue however wanted to know if there is a setting in either the Youview box or on the Home Hub that I should be using to reset the connection if there is a momentry loss for any reason.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Loosing Internet Connection Between Home Hub 5 and You View box

Hi @Menzies3032,

Welcome to the community forum. Would you be able to connect the youview box with an ethernet cable directly to the Hub? This would be the quickest and easiest way to rule out a problem with the powerlines adapters.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Loosing Internet Connection Between Home Hub 5 and You View box

Will give it a try. Also I have just upgraded my package and as part of this just got new bt extenders so going to see if they fail first as this might just solve it. But the new kit has got a long cable so will be able to do the test that I could not do before might be a while before I come back depending on how quick or if it fails.

0 Ratings