Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Losing Confidence in BT already

I haven't even set up my kit but from reading this forum over the past few days I am beginning to think I might have made a mistake going with BT.

Several things which was caught my eye are issues with recording, poor signal on certain channels, BT sport online being virtually unusable and poor Internet speeds.

My service has gone live today, so with any luck my BT Youview box and Router will be delivered today, I will happily give it a chance but shout I set it all up and it turns out to be a bag of w**k, what is the policy on cancellation? 

I have had a quick read of the T&C and came across this

Cancellation

1. You may cancel your agreement for the service before the service start date set out in the service terms. If you do so we will not charge you for the service.
  2. You may cancel your order for any equipment we have provided to allow you to use the service or for any other equipment you have requested, up to 10 calendar days after we deliver it. If you cancel any order for equipment within this period, you must return it (undamaged and in its original packaging), following our instructions. We will refund anything you have already paid for the equipment. If we have to collect the equipment we will charge you our reasonable costs for doing so. These rights are in addition to any other statutory right you may have to cancel your agreement.

So does this mean that 10 days from today I can still cancel my BT subscription and send back the kit without any early termination fee whatsoever? 

Like i said, I will give it a go and not jump the gun, but just getting my options ready.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Losing Confidence in BT already

Eh? So you are unhappy even though you don't actually have any problems?

Forums are bound to have people with issues, who need clarification etc. They tend not to be full of people posting just to say how great their service is. Why not give it a chance first?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 12

I am extremely happy with the service (and previously I had been with sky for 10 years so I can compare), yes it has a few bugs but is improving all the time and I do come on here and moan about the bugs now and again so if people read my comments they might think I am unhappy with the service but as Telecom89 mentions people only normally come to forums when they have problems and alot of the time them problems are because they haven't understood things properly but you will always find forums full of complaints (look on any forum for any provider and you will find the same).

I am actually very happy with the service and it will hopefully be adding additional items soon, so please give it a proper chance and don't be put off before you even start.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

No you wont be able to cancel.
The service is fine.
I have had Sky so I can compare.
It all works well.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Hi

I have had YouView for ~18 months and never have issues. Forums are places where people raise problems so they are bound to give a certain impression.

According to Wikipedia, as at December 2013, BT TV (Vision and BT YouView) had an estimated 956,000 subscribers. Say only 40% have YouView that's 382,000 users. There have been ~149 YouView posts since 1st Jan 13 and a fair chunk of the posts are like yours; questions not issues!

I have no reason to believe you will become a statistic!

Regards

Tim

0 Ratings
Wigglet
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

But if only 1% of your 382,000 users are aware of this forum...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

And if only half of 1% of those 382,000 users who know about the forums had a problem, and if only a quater of those with a problem bla bla bla.

Figures, you can make of them what you wantSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

By law, you can return any equipment you've been supplied within 7 working days for a full refund of anything you've paid (and the cancellation of anything you haven't paid yet).  But that only applies to the equipment and not the BT Vision service.  So if you send the equipment back, you still have to pay for the service for a year, or pay the cancellation fee.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

I think you need some perspective of all of this.

As others mention don't be too put off by what you read here.

My expereinces indicate that:-

1. Infinity itself is pretty reliable although BTs Customer Support can be very patchy as with other ISPs. The mods here are very good at getting problems resolved though.

2. The YouView box is OK , though nowhere near as good as the Sky+HD box in terms of responsiveness & relaibility.

It's getting better with each software release, but still some way to go I feel.

I suspect that the majority of Infinity/YouView customers have few problems with their service.

Overall I'd never try to put off anyone from going for Infinity or YouView.

shadow8131
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I have to agree with other posters I have had infinity for nearly over a year and I have had one problem,A twenty minute interruption with a couple of internet channels...I've never had a problem with Bt sport online it's has always been watchable and that's with my infinity and my mum's 8 meg connection with a different isp..just go for it and don't let others put you off...
0 Ratings