Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gryphon2
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Losing end of recordings

Hi,
Over last couple of mths or so have noticed that some recordings are being cut short.
This predominantly happens with double episodes of Coronation Street (recorded on STV HD) where the first one is always cut short. For example tonight the first episode was only recorded for 26:54 of the 30 mins scheduled and thus the last minute or so was lost.
I know the YouView box uses Accurate Record but this doesn't always seem to be so accurate!
The other half is getting extremely stroppy with BT, and says the same wouldn't happen with Sky or Virgin.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Losing end of recordings

Hi

I believe the start and stop times are controlled by the Programme Guide which is data supplied by the broadcaster so I dont think the blame sits with BT.

Regards

0 Ratings
Grecian83
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My sky box constantly cuts off the ends of my wife's programmes. Didn't have the problem at all with You view.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Whilst I seldom use Youview to record  ITV programmes I have experienced several instances on other devices when a (nationwide) ITV programme  precedes a (regional) ITV programme and the recording of the first (nationwide) programme is incomplete.  Does STV show a different )local) programme to ITV in between your (two) Corrie episodes ? In which case I suspect the problem is how ITV/STV cordinate their programme data. 

0 Ratings