cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merc07
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Loss of picture and sound

For the past couple of weeks I have been loosing the picture and sound on random channels. Can be an aerial or subscription channel. Changing channels it will just sit there with a black screen saying I have to set up the channel - then later it will be fine again.

Also if I am recording one channel I am unable to watch another, the picture is always broken up on any other channel.

My internet is fine, nothing has changed.

I have the 4k box.

Have tried a factory reset / keeping recordings which seems to have made channel changing faster but still have the loss of pic/sound.

Any idea, is it the box again ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Loss of picture and sound

Hi, @merc07 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with the picture and sound on your BT TV service. As the issues are affecting both the subscription and aerial channels then it does sound like a problem with the box.

Is it possible to try a full factory reset to see if that helps? I appreciate deleting the recordings is not ideal but we'd need to try that before a replacement could be organised. Post back and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
merc07
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hello, I tried a factory reset / keep recordings, that didn't help. I was told from BT that this is the same reset as losing the recording..

If I am watching a channel, then try to play a recording that the picture was bad because I was previously watching a channel while recording, I get half the channel I am watching imposed on the recording that was no good...

I spoke to BT over the w/e, they want to send an engineer in a couple of weeks.

Sounds to me like a box or hard drive issue..

Would it be quicker to send a new one out ?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

Hi @merc07 thanks for getting back to me, keeping the recordings is not a full reset of the hard drive so it may be worth giving it a go. 

We, unfortunately, can't post out the 4k boxes so if a replacement is needed an engineer visit will need to be booked, sorry.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings