cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyhoyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Loss of picture on Humax DTR-T2100

This problem seems to be happening more often, the box has done this several times, most recently both yesterday and today.

The guide and all menus are visible, you can even see the red button prompt on BBC channels, but the picture is blank on all live channels, all on demand sources, and recordings. A power cycle generally sorts it, but it's happening enough to become irritating now.

Anyone else had this, and any ideas how to remedy it?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Loss of picture on Humax DTR-T2100

Couple of questions ...

Does this occur when you initially switch the box on after it being in standby or whilst you have being watching it or  does it appear to be triggered by any other action(s).

Also which software does your box have ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 8

Hi @andyhoyle and thanks for taking the time to report the issue.  I'd like to take a look at this for you, as it sounds like a loss of connectivity somewhere. Couple of questions to help pinpoint the potential cause:

Live TV (BBC/ITV/C4) - Do you see any YVM302 messages displayed on the screen about picture quality / loss of signal on the freeview channels? Any picture quality issues around the HD channels reception?

On demand players / BT Sports - these are delivered down the wire rather than the aerial,  is the set top box wired  directly to your Home Hub or via power line adapters? If you do have PLAs or Wifi Extenders in place, its worth just checking with them removed to see whether the issue gets better / worse or stays as is.

Let me know you get on,

regards,

David

0 Ratings
andyhoyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

It's only ever happened after bringing the box out of standby. I'll check the software version when I get home.
0 Ratings
andyhoyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Never seen any of the YVM messages. When the picture works, it's fine, perfect quality, no break up or loss of quality. You can also still hear the audio of the programme, in perfect quality, with no stuttering or break up.
The box is wired directly to the home hub.
0 Ratings
andyhoyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Just to confirm the software info:
Component software: 3.5.68 (bd97c9)
Manufacturer software : 31.24.0
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @andyhoyle thanks for checking and posting that information for @David_H 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
andyhoyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

This intermittent problem continues. Box has sound, the menus and red button prompts appear, but no actual picture without power cycling the box. Any ideas please?
0 Ratings