cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Racehunter
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Lost access to BT Sport and other IP channels

About 6 weeks ago, I gave up on the poor wireless performance of my HH3 and 'upgraded to a 3rd party router, having asked many relevant questions on the BT Infinity Speed/Connection Issues section of the forum.  I thought I had got a really good deal and purchased a Belkin AC1800 DB router as it specifically stated it was for BT Infinity and Cable connections.  I successfully configured the PPoE username and password and was up and running quickly.  WiFi performance is fantastic and the router has been totally stable.  My BT YouView box worked and kept my wife happy watching catch-up TV.

So all was well until last night when I thought I would see if there was any programming on BT Sport ahead of this weekends opening MotoGP race.  I cannot access any of the BT Sport channels or Eurosport etc and all I get is a 'check your internet connection' message.  A little bit of searching told me that this might have something to do with the fact that these channels are sent using multicast and it would need to be enabled on the router.  Well, I have looked and looked but cannot see any mention of multicast or VLan in the settings, so I would appreciate it if anyone of you more experienced users can throw any light on the problem, as time is running out!

Thanks

Steve

PS I have searched for info about this router and have not really found an answer.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Racehunter
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost access to BT Sport and other IP channels

Ok, so in light of the lack of information across the whole of the WWW, it looks like I will have to switch back to my HH3 just to watch/record MotoGP this weekend.  Not ideal having invested in the Belkin router, but there we go.  I am now wondering about 3rd party firmware for the router to enable multicast.  Any suggestions on this one?

0 Ratings