cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mich2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Lost all paid for extra channels bt player after Thunder and lightening storm yesterday

Go to solution

After Thunder and lightening yesterday afternoon all paid for channels and bt player went blank...tried turning off wifi and turning back on also retuned on tv. My next door nieghbour who is with virgin lost everything internet all tv etc. at least I had free view tv channels. I was hoping everything would be working this morning but it is still the same. I went through truobleshooter to see if anything came up but nothing. Recommended I phone up... Tried this when had a problem with extra channels when I joined bt and all the time on the phone and doing all that was suggested proved pointless, so have delayed this phone call...

help and advice please..

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lost all paid for extra channels bt player after Thunder and lightening storm yesterday

Go to solution

Is the Internet working?

0 Ratings
Mich2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lost all paid for extra channels bt player after Thunder and lightening storm yesterday

Go to solution

Hi Keith yes internet is working ok...thanks 

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Re: Lost all paid for extra channels bt player after Thunder and lightning storm yesterday

Go to solution

Is your YV box connected to the homehub via ethernet cable or powerline adaptors?

If the latter then the lightning might have fried your powerline adaptors.

0 Ratings
Mich2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Re: Lost all paid for extra channels bt player after Thunder and lightning storm yesterday

Go to solution

Hi youview box is connected via broad extenders...

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Mich2 wrote:

Hi youview box is connected via broad extenders...

Hi - I think that could be the culprit. You can check if this is the problem by temporarily running a network cable from homehub to youview box (you might need to restart it...) and the see if you can then see the extra channels.

The powerline adaptors might just need to be reset/paired to each other though. Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings