Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cyberdog
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Lost internet channels on new YouView box

Go to solution
Hi,
I have just upgraded my YouView box, but have lost my internet channels. It has been connected now for a few days but still no channels.
Any help please.
Thanks
Dave
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: Lost internet channels on new YouView box

Go to solution

Did BT replace the Youview box because of a fault or was it done as part of a new package ?

If faults replaced it, it should have no bearing on the content.
If it was done as part of a new offer, did the TV package you have change ?

0 Ratings
Cyberdog
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Hi,
I had an original BT Vision box, and I bought a new you view box from BT online.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@Cyberdog wrote:
Hi,
I had an original BT Vision box, and I bought a new you view box from BT online.

If its the old Vision + box, then the servers for that platform were closed a while back. You would have to add the new BT YouView service to your account to use that new box.  You could have got the box free as part of a new YouView package, why did you buy a retail one?

The only option now would be to ask for the basic non-recordable box, just to get the BT YouView service, then you should be able to use your retail box instead.

@-Richie- may be able to tell you a bit more about what you would need to ask for.

0 Ratings
Cyberdog
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
I had been having a few problems, so as the box was old I decided to get a newer model.
So if I can’t get my internet channels on the new YouView box I might as well send it back and just keep using the old box.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@Cyberdog wrote:
I had been having a few problems, so as the box was old I decided to get a newer model.
So if I can’t get my internet channels on the new YouView box I might as well send it back and just keep using the old box.

But was the old box actually a YouView one? From what you describe, it sounds like an old Vision+ box.

Is it one of these http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59372/~/bt-vision-tv-service-switch-off

You should be able to get all the Freeview SD and HD channels, plus the normal catchup services like BBC iPlayer, on your retail box, but to get any extra channels, you would need a BT YouView package.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Are you paying for a BT TV subscription ? the old Vision boxes are no longer supported so you would get a free box if you're a paying BT TV customer.

Which internet channels have you lost ? is this catch up services like BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4OD etc or are you talking about premium channels like Discovery, MTV etc

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Looking back at this thread from January

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/YouView-Box-Upgrade/m-p/1814789#M42909

You were looking to upgrade a Youview Box  did this actually happen  ?

0 Ratings
Cyberdog
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
All of them
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Cyberdog,

We'd like to look into this for you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings