cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: Lost some HD channels on Freeview box

I feared that would be the answer.. There have been ongoing issues affecting those who receive or can receive transmissions from Hannington and nearby transmitters for a long time.

0 Ratings
krivine
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

Ah - OK, thanks. So cross fingers and wait?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

If you have the time maybe check this and the Youview community forums for Hannington threads.

0 Ratings
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

I also pick up my signal from Hannington, in fact I live around 2 miles or so from the transmitter, and this problem has been plaguing me for over a year now.  I get it with the new (G4) box but didnt with the older box. 

It comes and goes...it has happening for the last couple of weeks....if you leave the channel tuned in to the blank screen it often reappears after a minute, or if you tune away then back again it may show up.  If you retune you are doomed and will lose the channels until the problem goes away and you retune.

Sorry to be no help...I dont know what the answer to this is....

0 Ratings
krivine
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

Thanks; I'll take a look.
0 Ratings
AlanN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Yep - Hannington is my local transmitter too - perhaps this is the common denominator............

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 17

It seemed to get worse recently.   I just turned the box onto BBC4 HD (its the COM7 channels that are affected) and got the blank screen.  I pressed cancel and just left it and after a couple of minutes the channel tuned in.  

0 Ratings