cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luckstar69
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Lots of missing channels with just a black screen SD, HD and 4K channels

I tried to watch the 4K football last night on 433 and I got a black screen with just a red button option. I then tried 399 and just got a black screen, then I tried all SD sports channles and got a black screen. I tried other channels like MTV, Kids channels etc and got the same black screen. Channels 1-2-3-4-5 all work ok in SD and HD. Netflix, Prime and BT Player all work fine. 

This is still not working, I have tried resetting the BT Home Hub, Factry reset of the T4000 1tb Ultra HD box, on/off about 15 times, resets and clear downs. Nothing has worked. This box crashes, misses recordings and just turns itself off sometimes with no lights on at all. All software is up to date. 

Please can you help me? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lots of missing channels with just a black screen SD, HD and 4K channels

If the speed going into the TV box is Ok (Probably is ,Prime and Iplayer Ok) it could be an account issue. You have pretty much done everything already but you could try resetting TV Player data which will sync your details with  BT Servers. You will probably need to call 150 armed with any error messages or codes you may have.

luckstar69
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Yet another night without BT sport and another champions league game missed!! Thanks BT. Great service.
0 Ratings
luckstar69
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for your reply. Nothing has worked. A nice lady at 150 has reported it but no one has yet fixed it. I’m so fed up I’m just paying for content and can only view free view channels.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Hi @luckstar69 

I see you posted saying you had problems yesterday but can I check when you were last able to access any of the BT Sport  channels on your Youview box or is it the case that they have never worked ?

Have you recently changed or renewed any of uour BT TV contracts ?

You mention that you are using the BT 4K UHD Youview box  but which homehub are you currently using and how is it connected to your youview box ?

luckstar69
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi. I last watched 4K sport on Sunday. Nothing has changed at all in terms of subscription or hardware. I connected with Ethernet to home hun and tried all 4 ports. It’s the Humax 4 1gb 4K box thing. It pretty **bleep** as it’s always locked up and crashed from day 1. Just gets worse and worse.
0 Ratings
luckstar69
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Using Home Hub 5
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 12

What is the name of your BT TV subscription package ?

luckstar69
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Hi it’s
Total Entertainment
Up to 80 Freeview channels including in up to 50 in HD

All our premium entertainment channels including Kids channels, HD channels and access to BT Sport in 4K

The latest movies to buy or rent on BT Store

Catch up on the best shows on demand through BT TV

Active add-ons
BT TV Kids
BT TV Ultra HD
AMC
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

@luckstar69 wrote:
Hi. I last watched 4K sport on Sunday. Nothing has changed at all in terms of subscription or hardware. I connected with Ethernet to home hun and tried all 4 ports. It’s the Humax 4 1gb 4K box thing. It pretty **bleep** as it’s always locked up and crashed from day 1. Just gets worse and worse.

Thanks for clarifying @luckstar69  now i understand you reported the problem(s) with the helpdesk  - do you know what they are proposing  - ie any engineer visits , equipment replacement etc ?