Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merrymouse
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

MISSING CHANNELS

Go to solution

I have a case of missing channels namely BT sport 2 and BT sport 2HD. I have reset everything including router and YouView plus box. Everything is connected by cable and it was all working great from Christmas till now. Online chat just say monitor for a week. Any ideas would be welcome.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: MISSING CHANNELS

Go to solution

Hi @merrymouse,

Can you see the BT Sports 2 channel is showing in the TV guide?

If it isn't, check you haven't hidden the channel from your TV guide by following these steps:

YouView box

1. Go to the TV guide, then press the YELLOW button on your remote
  2. Enter your YouView PIN
  3. Press the RED button (not the red R button for recording) and this will restore any hidden channels.

Give that ago and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
merrymouse
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. I can see all the sports channels in the guide so I presume I have no hidden channels I have also noticed box nation also shows a blank screen. The red button which shows all the stats from the game that's being televised works perfect.

I have been trying a few things this morning and have found out  that by rebooting the router has bought these channels back but I did have to reboot the router 2-3 times for it to work. As my router is connected to the white OR modem this rebooting should cause no speed drops for me . If this losing channels and rebooting of router was a regular thing and I was to use a BT 5 or 6 router would this not cause serious speed loss as it would show as a problem at the exchange. Thank you again for reply it's good to know a expert is listening to a novice.

0 Ratings
Kabous
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I have spent more time resolving BT TV issues in the last 4 months than I did with SKY in 17 years. Truly the worst I have ever experienced. 

Update banner received and followed on screen instruction. Box rebooted as stated. Now channels missing from guide and no BT sport either - not in guide nor when selecting channel numbers via remote.

Inept Asian chat service can't solve it. Abject service from BT.  

0 Ratings