Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merrymouse
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

MISSING CHANNELS

Go to solution

I have a case of missing channels namely BT sport 2 and BT sport 2HD. I have reset everything including router and YouView plus box. Everything is connected by cable and it was all working great from Christmas till now. Online chat just say monitor for a week. Any ideas would be welcome.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: MISSING CHANNELS

Go to solution

Hi @merrymouse,

Can you see the BT Sports 2 channel is showing in the TV guide?

If it isn't, check you haven't hidden the channel from your TV guide by following these steps:

YouView box

1. Go to the TV guide, then press the YELLOW button on your remote
  2. Enter your YouView PIN
  3. Press the RED button (not the red R button for recording) and this will restore any hidden channels.

Give that ago and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
merrymouse
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. I can see all the sports channels in the guide so I presume I have no hidden channels I have also noticed box nation also shows a blank screen. The red button which shows all the stats from the game that's being televised works perfect.

I have been trying a few things this morning and have found out  that by rebooting the router has bought these channels back but I did have to reboot the router 2-3 times for it to work. As my router is connected to the white OR modem this rebooting should cause no speed drops for me . If this losing channels and rebooting of router was a regular thing and I was to use a BT 5 or 6 router would this not cause serious speed loss as it would show as a problem at the exchange. Thank you again for reply it's good to know a expert is listening to a novice.

0 Ratings
Kabous
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I have spent more time resolving BT TV issues in the last 4 months than I did with SKY in 17 years. Truly the worst I have ever experienced. 

Update banner received and followed on screen instruction. Box rebooted as stated. Now channels missing from guide and no BT sport either - not in guide nor when selecting channel numbers via remote.

Inept Asian chat service can't solve it. Abject service from BT.  

0 Ratings