Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomV87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Menu colour scheme

Good morning,

I have just switched on my YouView box this morning and the colour scheme for the menu etc has all changed.
Has there been an update?
0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 29

Re: Menu colour scheme

The only update is the colour scheme. It has changed from light blue to a transparent purplish/blackish colour. The BT Sport app has also done the same.
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 3 of 29

The new colour scheme is so dreary. The channel guide now looks like High Contrast mode is turned on, and the grey blurry text against the dull, dark-purple background on the BT Player app makes it really hard to read anything.

ney
Expert
Message 4 of 29

I’m not to keen on the new colour scheme on my old BT Youview T1000 that I now just manly use as a Freeview PVR in another room.

Darren
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 29

To be honest I like it, much better than the blue version IMHO. 

Like the altered BT Sport logos as well. 

jdbod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Agree that the new colours for the Guide are much worse than previously.  In fact my Guide is now white print on black background save black type on white background for current prog, with purple strip along the top.  Can BT/Youview change or give an option ? Previously far more acceptable and user friendly. 

jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 29

Not particularly keen on the new colour scheme either. The background purple looks odd. There are too many prominent white lines between sections in the guide.

Just noticed the BT android app has been updated with the same colour scheme so at least there is consitency. Assume BT TV app is heading the same way?

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 8 of 29

@stereohavenwrote:

To be honest I like it, much better than the blue version IMHO. 

Like the altered BT Sport logos as well. 

Me too! I find this purple not as harsh on the eyes. As I can spend a lot of time flicking through the guide. 

Highlighted
mikegledholt
Contributor
Message 9 of 29

You can’t please all the people all the time!  So many of us have complained about the awful blue bar at the bottomof the screen when pausing, fast forwarding etc. Now that it has gone, where are thise people? I for one think the menu colours are okayish, however, getting rid of that bar is a big step forward. Also, it was achieved without an update, could this be the kind of software changes that were muted when the system changed? I hope so. Thanks. 

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 29

The main thing I dislike about the new colour scheme is that it reminds me of the awful old Scotland rugby union shirt colours, now thankfully ditched. I prefer a proper blue I do.
0 Ratings