cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Mini Box - true multi screen?

Go to solution

Happy New Year fellow BT Community members.

To make the mini box a true multi screen device, what is the the chance of the software being updated so you can watch what you have recorded on the main pro box in another room using the mini box?  (just like the sky q mini or the Humax aura, where you can chromecast recorded programs around the house via an app, or via ip address (so a smart tv can see it as a media server).

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mini Box - true multi screen?

Go to solution

This was discussed on another thread that I can't find at the moment.

A BT Employee basically said never say never, but no. 

Data shows that most people are using catch up to see anything they missed rather than recording (not in my house but each to their own), so it wasn't deemed necessary or a priority. Live or on demand viewing only currently.

Interestingly (perhaps only to me as BT TV morphs into EE TV later this year), the original EE TV box they discontinued when they closed the service had 4 Freeview tuners in it and could cast recordings to other devices around the home. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks, will let the other half know that it looks like she is banished to the bedroom to watch her recorded programs.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I thought I would join in this discussion. We've just changed over from Sky to BT TV and are very disappointed about what the mini box does compared with the SkyQ equivalent. The main problem is that you can't set programmes to record from the mini box or watch programmes on the mini that you recorded on the main box.  We'll probably go back to Sky at the end of the contract.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Highland_Tim There are rumoured to be some changes as BT TV morphs into EE TV later in the year (plenty of threads on this if you do a search), so you never know what the future may bring.

But, considering Sky Q is moving towards becoming a legacy product*, with Glass and Stream core products, eventually you will also lose the ability to share recordings through Sky as well. 

*Sky have renewed satellite capacity to circa 2028 but Comcast (who own Sky), have been very clear on their business direction and how they are moving towards an IP based delivery system to reduce costs. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@stereohaven Thanks for the comments. Interesting.

0 Ratings