cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Missing Certain Freeview Channels

Due to an unrelated failure I had to change my older Youview box (all channels were working) for a new Youview + box about a week ago.

After tuning was completed I noticed the box had not latched on to BBC4 HD, CBBs HD and BBC News HD. These are all on Multiplex COM 8 of the Crystal Palace Transmitter. All other HD channels on this transmitter, Multiplex PSB3, work fine with a signal strength of 98 - 100%.

My next door neighbour also has the same box and recieves these channels OK with PSB3 channels also 100% and the COM8 channels around 80%. Obviously I cannot give signal strengths for COM8 channels on my new box as they don't tune. We both use similar aerials, similarly sighted and use amplifiers.

There does seem to be "History" on this sort of thing, especially after the last channel realignments in March. I have also spoken to the BBC, Freeview and BT.

BT are sending me another new box. This query is for two reasons.

1) Is it possible for a serviceable box to have 100% strength on one group of channels and not pick up on another group with a probable 80% signal strength?

2) If the new box does not work, what are my options?

Troubled of Ashford

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missing Certain Freeview Channels

This page may help Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

You may have too much signal.

You will need to connected to BT Broadband to access any links I post which are hosted on my website..
If you are connected to BT Broadband, and you cannot access them, then please let me know on this thread. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

The percentage is not dB at the aerial.

Some aerials need more gain in the lower frequencies and a wideband needs to be a T band.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi @OG

I want to look into this issue further for you,

I have sent you a PM regarding this,

James

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

At the third address where our BT box will not tune Freeview channels. BT suggest all the same steps as before and then blame the aerial reception. However, we have a smart tv that receives perfect Freeview reception at the same house so it cannot be the aerial reception.

0 Ratings