Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unbrokenman
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Missing Freeview Channels

Go to solution

It's not a boosted aerial.  I can stomach the six quid at Maplins, but I'd rather avoid the journey if it might be something else that I can check first !  BT seem to think I've got a faulty box, but only because all the standard checks (eg can the TV received the channels) came up clean.  If those standard checks fail, is it always down to excess signal ?

R

0 Ratings
pds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

i did the software reset multiple times also the hardware reset on the box by holding down a few buttons.

have you connected the aerial straight to the tv , everything was fine then for me so as the engineer visit was a week away i decided to purchase the accentuator.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @unbrokenman and thanks for posting.

I think @pds is on the right track here. It sounds like you’ll need the attenuator. It’s probably best to try one before  resetting the box etc. Can you try that and let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
pds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

when fitting, it was immeadiately apparent it had worked as it took much longer to scan for my channels.

i would definately purchase as im sure this is your problem.

0 Ratings
unbrokenman
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

So I picked up the attenuator from Maplins (currently retailing there at £4.99).  Before I plugged it into the box, I thought I'd rescan the channels to compare like with like.  Woodya believe it: I'm now up to 118 channels from the previous 32 !

Maybe there's different atmospheric conditions compared to last night or this morning (we did have a storm pass through last night).

I plugged in the attenuator and retuned, but it's stayed at 118.  No extra channels popping out of the woodwork with it plugged in.

Thanks for all the help.  I'll keep the attenuator handy.

R