Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 23

Missing a substantial amount of Freeview channels

Hello

I have replaced another Youview box.  Using the same aerial etc the new YV box is not picking up any BBC channels such as ! and 2. Missing ITV. Only aerial TV channels it found during tuning and re-tunes is MADE Tyne and Wear which is my local area TV channel and couple of others.

When I go into signal strength for BBC one on the other box it shows strength of 65 percent but 100 percent quality. 

So far I have reset the box, re-tuned a handful of times and tried other aerial outlets, no success.

Channels obtainable are: MADE, Sony, TRUE crime, The Vault, Tiny Pop, Pop Mix and all the internet based channels.

Help please, would be nice to have Christmas TV tomorrow - currently using the other box.

NE

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Missing a substantial amount of Freeview channels

Do you mean that you have two boxes working from the same aerial, one works but the other does not?

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 23

Thats correct - we have 3 aerial outlets.

The one in bedroom - the old YV box picks up channels fine however new one does not. 

The new one however now works in the living room.

Baffles me to be honest.

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 23

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_328e.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_328f.jpgOriginal YV box

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 23

New YV Box - The signal strength indicator eratically jumps up and down as well.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3290.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3291.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

There was a similar post, which was caused by a faulty distribution amplifier.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/HD-Signal-Strength-and-Quality-Issue/td-p/1776303

It could be an issue with signal strength, as no two YouView boxes have the same sensitivity.

You may need a competent aerial installer to check your distribution amplifier and signal levels.

There are some images missing on my posts within that thread, but they can be found on this page, with links to other thread on the forum, which may help. Take a look at this page.

Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 23

I do have a splitter in the loft which connects aerial points to aerial but that is not an issue as all aerial points are connected with receiving good signal.

What do you mean a distribution amplifier - and why should I have to pay for someone to come and sort it out when it’s a fault on the box?

It’s confusing as to why this single box will refuse to work in the room I need it in and work at another aerial point.

I have tested the bedroom aerial point and works with main TV receiving freeview, another smaller TV and the original YV box.

By sensitivity what do you mean? Would be useless if they were all different by that much.

NE
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

Swap the two boxes over, or exchange the one that does not work properly.

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 23

Very Helpful 😒

Main box has all recordings which we want to keep in living room and has more recording storage.

Guess I’ll have to send this one back and hope an exchange solves it.
0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 23

So I now have 3 YV boxes - 1 main one and 2 for the bedroom. The bedroom YV boxes do not work with one having recording issues and the other signal issues.

Guess it will have to wait a few days before I can get round to sorting it.
0 Ratings