cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 18

Re: Missing channels - troublshooter shows multiple boxes - ??

Try moving the aerial connector around and see if the picture freezes and/or pixelates, if it does then you've found your fault

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Yep! Nice one! I'll now sit on the phone for 1000 years trying to book an engineer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 18

Hopefully a moderator will pickup on your post and ease the pain

Message 14 of 18

Hi @nbanbury and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the picture quality. I'm not sure there's a lot we can do in this case, especially since you've already had an aerial engineer out but I'd like to take a closer look for you. I'll drop you over a private message so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Thank you David. I just got through to the fault service and they are sending me a new box so hopefully that'll fix it. If not I'll drop you a DM. 

Cheers 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Well my new box arrived today (took some time as they originally just sent me a new remote...don't even go there).

Plugged it in and it only found 52 channels during set up.  It didn't find any subscription channels at all. It tried to update to new box software, but failed at 40% (sigh).

I did several retune attempts after hard/soft resets, but nothing changed - 52 channels only and 0 subscription ones. I also tried updating software on several occasions after these resets, but they failed each time at 40%. 

So the upshot of all this is that my old box is plugged in again. It has 93 channels (still not all of them but better!), the most up to date software, and all my subscription channels. Plus a few recordings made since the last hard reset.

So I'm still in the same boat after all this, except I have a new BT TV box that I'll need to return!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 18

Go with the old box for the rest of today but try changing them over before going to bed, the new one might update automatically during the night (fingers crossed)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

OK will do, thanks
0 Ratings