Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Missing channels

Go to solution

I am missing channels 16, and 18 to 23.     Is there something I can do?  

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Bluecandylover
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Missing channels

Go to solution

I have always found these channels to be on the weaker side up here in the North East, could possibly be the aerial? 

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

They have been fine for the last two years, and for the years before that with a freeview box.  I'm near Chester in the NW and the signal is usually ok.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Check the following to see if there's any engineering work in your region:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works

On the same website check expected coverage for your region - make sure you choose the detailed view after putting in your house number and postcode.

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks.   Checked coverage and it's all good, green coloured and I should have those channels including itv3 and drama.   I've re-tuned four times including this am, and 16, and 18-23 still not there.   Also turned off/turned back on router and youview box and still no joy.   The aerial is still in the same position it always was, there has been no wind yesterday or night.   I've gto stuff saved on record that I don't really want to lose by doing a full re-start.  

Anything else I can do?   Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Remove the aerial connection from the YV box and plug directly in to your TV - can you see those channels using your TV's built-in tuner? You might need to re-tune your TV's tuner.

Often that will work ok but not with YV as it requires a 'better' signal as it has 2 terrestrial tuners whilst your TV will only have one.

If you can't even see those channels with your TV's tuner then you have an aerial problem/cable problem.

Btw turning your router off/on will make no difference as these are channels delivered via your aerial, not via the internet.

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@Telecom89 wrote:

Btw turning your router off/on will make no difference as these are channels delivered via your aerial, not via the internet.

I read as the OP is more concerned that a full restart will wipe the recordings off the YV box - nothing to do with the router. (Unless I've misread somewhere).

OP ... you could always try a powered signal booster between the aerial socket and the YV box?

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

More interested.    In getting. Channels back.  Recordings are a side issue.  But would like to avoid losing them.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@jennifer328 wrote:

More interested.    In getting. Channels back.  Recordings are a side issue.  But would like to avoid losing them.

If you try what I suggested that should help to determine if there is an aerial problem as TV tuners generally are happy with an aerial connection that might not suffice for YV.

See also:

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/Why-can-t-I-get-all-TV-channels-1370864312278/...

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Yes,  I will try again.  Put the aerial to tv last night and no signal.   But maybe tv needed re-tuning.   I hadn't got the patience to mess about with it last night, but I'll try again and let you know.   Maybe not today, though, as I'm fed up with it.   Maybe the signal will magically return!  Who knows. 

Thansks for your help. 

0 Ratings