cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Missing freeview channels

Go to solution

When I use the guide via my BT handset I have missing freeview channels but when I switch off the box and use the guide on my TV handset all the freeview channels are there. The main ones that are missing are the plus 1 channels for ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, E4 etc.  Is there any reason for this?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Missing freeview channels

Go to solution

Hi @caroline_walsh welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Have you tried retuning the BT TV box to see if it picks up the missing channels? 

• Go to Settings > Signal & Connection > TV Channels > Retune Channels

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Neil, thank you for your response. However I can't do a retune as this function is not an option in my settings. The options I get are, Payment Pin, Screensaver preference, AutoPlay Trailer preference, system info or Reset BT Player Data. Unless I am looking in the wrong place. Caroline

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Are you using Internet Mode for your Freeview channels, if so then you won't see any +1 channels.

Internet mode free to air channel guide | BT Help

Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson that's a very good point.

@caroline_walsh do you have an aerial plugged into the BT TV Pro box? 

Neil

Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Neil, yes I do, and I have the aerial from BT box to TV, plus I have the ethernet cable plugged from BT box to router. I can see all channels through TV handset guide (no BT box switched on), but can't see all channels through BT box handset guide !

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Hi  @caroline_walsh 

The Settings that you accesssed/refernced in one of your earlier posts were actually the settings within the BT TV app on your box.

The Settings you need to access are those accessed from the Home page button , thats the cog  that apppears towards  the top right. So press home on your remote , press up , press rightr and then OK on  the Settings.

Then hopefully you will see howto retune channels

Settings > Signal & Connection > TV Channels > Retune Channels

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Zulu17, thank you that was very helpful. Have found the cog. Went into signal & connection, TV channels, but there is no option to retune just update channels. Have done update channels but still no +1 channels 😢 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I suspect that the box was originally setup without an aerial connection and the aerial cable added afterward and that it is therefore in Internet Mode, check the channels you are receiving against the list I posted the link too earlier to confirm.

If I'm right then you will have to do a factory reset with the aerial cable connected, during the reset you will be offered the option of internet mode or terrestrial mode (aerial) for your TV channels, select terrestrial mode and the box will retune itself.

See Set up your TV Box Pro | BT Help Step 6/9 And BT TV aerial | BT Help (Switching to internet mode). 

NB: the section on switching to internet mode also covers switching from internet mode to aerial mode

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Les, brilliant, have all the channels now. If I reconnect the ethernet cable will I still see all the channels?