cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Model Name DTR – T2100 /500/BT/DF freezes on start up cannot factory reset

Go to solution

Greetings all

The above named S T B (Model Code 81-00438) has been in regular and reliable use from around December 2016 when issued as part of my contract for a BT TV package.

Last month whilst viewing a programme through the box I returned to the TV where it   showed Tuner 1. After a delay, I switched the box off and on but noted no progress beyond both blue lights lit and Tuner 1 displayed. As this start up freeze has happened occasionally before, I tried the soft reset then attempted the Factory Reset but have been unable to get the prompt or menu to appear, after consulting both the BT and Community help pages / posts. All attempts just result in the box starting up and going no further than two blue lights and Tuner 1 screen. There is a quiet continuous whirring sound, no clicking, so I assume the hard drive is attempting to work?

Given the age of the box, I assume that it needs to be reported as a fault and either repaired or a replacement be supplied? If the latter what is usually supplied and is there any choice?  TV and Entertainment remains part of my BT package / contract.

However I was wondering if the Community can advise if there is any way of viewing / extracting   my recorded programmes, some as yet unseen? This is of particular interest as back in late 21 my owned Humax PVR had a fault, duly repaired by the supplier store, but sadly part of that was to erase all my recordings!

Thank you for reading this and any help would be much appreciated     

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Model Name DTR – T2100 /500/BT/DF freezes on start up cannot factory reset

Go to solution

It sounds like the hard drive has failed and you can't transfer recordings to another device. If you have an active BT TV subscription, report it as a fault and the box will be replaced.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hello NigelB72

Thank you for your prompt reply, time  and advice. Having studied the many other posts I was beginning to think that would be the case but it is good to have another  view on what is possible. I'll contact the folks in Faults and get the process started.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Greetings NigelB72. A quick update, just spoken to a very helpful chap from BT Faults who very quickly arranged for a replacement box to be sent out to me. Even better it is like for like so nothing complicated to learn. He also attempted to get my existing box to work whilst my new one appears, but was unable to . Thanks again.