cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 15

MotoGP EPG not allowing timers to be set?

Cannot set a timer for Sunday warm-ups or the MotoGP race and Chequered Flag though can set timers for the Moto3 and Moto2 races.

Double checked there are not already clashing timers elsewhere.  I even tried deleting the Superbike timers on Eurosport 2 but that made no difference.

Edit:  Just deleted all MotoGP timers from the the EPG and reset them from scratch.  Now showing as OK though I will be keeping a nervous eye on them as the weekend progresses.  I suspect it is down to Dorna rejigging the schedules to run 30 minutes later due to the cold weather and BT rejigging their coverage which shouldn't really upset existing timers but often seems to.  A bug that needs looking at as some people are not always around at the time to keep checking that all is as it should be.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: MotoGP EPG not allowing timers to be set?

Had exactly the same and over the course of late Thursday & last evening I managed to sort it as you did.

Particularly confusing was not being allowed to manually schedule the Sunday MotoGP Race due to 'Too many Recordings'  ... when there clearly wasnt ! I only attempted it as it was apparent from the EPG that SL wasnt going to record the actual Race - despite 'WarmUps' being shown as scheduled !

Eventually, after twice deleting scheduled Recordings flagged as 'Scheduling Error', things seemed to sort themselves out - altho I have covered myself by setting a Manual Recording of a later rerun of the Race on Sunday Evening !

Also irksome is the way SL is handling MotoGP of late - with FP1/2 & 3 linked, then Sunday Warmups, then the MotoGP Race - with Moto2 & Moto3 having their own SL, and I still havent worked out how 'Chequered Flag' is linked !

Seems odd that a simple Schedule change isnt accomodated ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 15

I don’t record Moto Gp myself  but a casual look at the EPG this morning at some of the MotoGP programming today and Sunday suggests to me that that the SERIES CRID data is not present on several of the programmes. some have some haven’t.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

Good job I checked again late last night as they had screwed it up again! 😠
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 15

Yep !

So again begs the Q why the YV software cant just change the Recording time to the new EPG value ?
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

@speedtripwrote:
Yep !

So again begs the Q why the YV software cant just change the Recording time to the new EPG value ?

A basic requirement in my book. Sky can do it on their Q boxes with F1 etc.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

Whoever is tasked with making EPG changes at BT Towers needs some retraining I think. I suspect they are adding new EPG entries with new CRIDs rather than changing the existing entries.  That said, the Youview box needs to do a better job of highlighting ghost orphan timers so they can be more easily identified and deleted by the user.

As for the Series Linking my thinking is that *all* coverage for the season be made part of the same series.  This includes all free practise, quali and races across all classes with The Chequered Flag thrown in for good measure.

Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 15

I seem to be going round in circles! 
On my scheduled recordings it is showing Live MotoGP Aragon as a scheduling problem for the warm ups, Moto 3, Moto 2. Moto GP is not even listed as a scheduled recording.

Go the the EPG to set up new recording for Moto 2 I get an error message: Too many recordings, you’ll have to cancel some recordings, Go to MyTV. Go to my BT and it won’t let me cancel the recordings. Stuck in this loop.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 15

Yep! They have messed it up again for what I think is the fourth time in two days! I am starting to think they are on a wind up. 😠
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 10 of 15

I have to say @gomezz  I think your expectations are too high. Fancy wanting to record one of the top BT Sports offerings.

Having raised a problem, not one of the Mods are willing to engage to sort.

Stew

0 Ratings