cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moved Smart 2 to the hall, best way to connect BT TV box to it?

Just moved my Smart Hub 2 into hall after a broadband fault.  It is now some distance from the BT TV YouView box - I thought the YouView box had an alternative of Wireless connection?

I am wondering what is the best way to connect them together,  I do not want one of the interference causing power line deviced.

I have a spare TP-Link router as well as some older ones.  How easy are there to configure to give a WiFi link across the house?

Are there any nice simple WiFi links that plug into the two devices to link them together?

I had hoped the WiFi disc might be able to be able to act as a link.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moved Smart 2 to the hall, best way to connect BT TV box to it?

Only the current Pro Box has WiFi & then only 5GHz..

If you don't have a Pro Box & can't run a cable then powerline is probably the next best option. You can get them with receivers that double as WiFi access points to give WiFi in & around the TV room. I've never had issues with interference although I no longer use them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

A repurposed router makes a great wireless access point when bachaul is utp cable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thinking I might just take the easy way and use powerline though still worried about interference to various radio frequencies I sometimes listen to.

I have several old routers and WiFi "modems" but they will take up more space.

Ideally what is needed is a WiFi dongle that could be programmed to connect to the router's WiFi and plugged into a RJ-45

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The BT Complete Wi-Fi discs link to the Smart Hub 2, and have an Ethernet port. I am sure it was mentioned that they will work with BT TV.

You can add the option to your account for an additional cost, or buy one of the disks yourself, they have to be the black ones.

They are available on Amazon, but you may find them cheaper elsewhere, although its easy to return on Amazon, if its not suitable.

0 Ratings