Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willsy555
Beginner
Message 151 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

@willsy555 wrote:

Sorry to barge in here, but I just wondered if anyone has experienced a problem with the N56U and BT Infinity?

I've got mine setup with the BT modem and it's working fine. This is apart from when I put on an IPTV channel on my Youview STB (such as The Comedy Channel).

When I do this, it appears that my LAN gets flooded and I can no longer browse to the internet etc and everything slows down that needs a connection.

The channel on the STB runs fine though.

When I switch back to a non-IPTV channel, everything works fine again on the LAN and I can browse to the internet again.

Maybe it's due to the fact that the N56U doesn't have the multicast snooping?

Thanks very much

Will.

Worked it out in the end!

Installed Padavan's firmware which works fine with the BT IPTV channels.

Required a little setup including setting up the WAN. Pay special attention to the PPoE & MAN access!

WAN.PNG

Plus the IPTV settings:

IPTV.PNG

I know these setting have been given elsewhere, but I wanted to share what will work on the Asus N56U and BT Infinity as I took a long time to work it out.

It's especially important to use Padavan's firmware. I found that the IPTV snooping worked on the official firmware properly for wireless, but not for the LAN. The LAN would be flooded. Padavan's works perfectly for both.

Plus Padavan's firware has guest network plus many other additional options. It's much nicer!

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers

Will.

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 152 of 193

I have just purchased two new routers to test (one returned).

The TP Link Archer C9 does NOT work with the multicast IPTV channels.

The Asus DSL-AC68U DOES work (using the latest firmware) with the listed settings for the RT AC68U but "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection' to 'No'" isn't required (I cannot even find this option). The router states you'll need to use an external modem on the WAN (instead of the built-in one) but this isn't the case. Works 100% with players, apps and multicast IPTV channels with the built-in modem.

0 Ratings
fregrin
Contributor
Message 153 of 193

can you confirm that the 

Asus DSL-AC68U Dual-Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit Router.

Does work for BT infinity 2 and BT TV,on humax youview boxes ??

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 154 of 193

@fregrin wrote:

can you confirm that the 

Asus DSL-AC68U Dual-Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit Router.

Does work for BT infinity 2 and BT TV,on humax youview boxes ??

The post above yours confirms that & so can I.

0 Ratings
fregrin
Contributor
Message 155 of 193

Thanks,I now it was a  bit of obvious question  I but had issues and high level complaints with BT plus where considering get router from, company can be funny on returns.

So I need be sure buy correct router.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 156 of 193

The Asus works very well, but there is a cheaper option that some here use which is the TP-Link WD9980. About half the price of the Asus!

0 Ratings
fregrin
Contributor
Message 157 of 193

Thanks for the confirmation etc. Thinking to invest , i just about had it with HH5..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kassius84
Message 158 of 193

Hello,

After wrestling with the issue myself for the past few days, with the main symptom being no output at all on the IP channels, and getting the IPC6023 error, I've finally cracked it.

Setup

BT Infinity 2 -> Supplied OpenReach Modem -> Asus RT-AC68U -> Powerline Adaptor -> TP Link TL-WPA281 Powerline Adaptor/Wifi Extender > YouView box.

It turns out that the TP Link TL-WPA281 Powerline Adaptor/Wifi Extender was the bottleneck that was preventing the internet channels ever working. Although I had, up until this evening, a complete black-out.. having several phones and laptops turned off in the house simultaneously produced some output, albeit extremely choppy, akin to buffering issues - a miracle! I knew finally what needed to be done.

Turning off the Wifi capability on the device has allowed it to operate flawlessly. I think the Multicast IP Proxy setting was and still is completely flooding it so it couldn't handle the extra demand to manage the Wifi devices connected to it as well.

Also turns out that with a few updated firmware patches since I first purchased the RT-AC68U, the wireless strength across the house from the loft where it's posititoned in a mini-server cabinet is actually almost as good without the extender turned on Smiley LOL

I can confirm the off-mooted settings work, screenshotted below for reference:

rt-ac68u-1.png

rt-ac68u-2.png

rt-ac68u-3.png

Hope this helps out someone else.

0 Ratings
hyattjon
Contributor
Message 159 of 193

This is all I altered to get the shiny new YouView to show BT Sport on my Asus DSL-AC68U AC 1900 router -

It was already running Infinity 2 and I changed nothing except the settings below. WiFi is still OK as is all other on demand TV.

I hope it's of use...

Screenshot from 2015-06-15 16:40:43.png

David181
Message 160 of 193

Great Post. I wish I'd seen it 5 days ago. Also works with DrayTek 2086ac.

0 Ratings