Message 71 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

wonder if i've got a duff router

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 193

i also tried this on my spare asus RT-N66U Rev B1 and it does not work....think I will stick with the Billion 7800DXL which has more configuration options and works without problem...

0 Ratings
tech3475
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 193

Strange, how are you connecting the youview to the router? 

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 193

@tech3475 wrote:

Strange, how are you connecting the youview to the router? 

BT Modem->Netgear homeplug->Netgear Homeplug(study) -> Asus router WAN port - Asus router LAN Port -> Netgear Homeplug (study)  -> Netgear Homeplug (living room) -> Youview box

the homeplugs work fine with the billion router and IPTV channels in this setup so I know they are not at fault.

0 Ratings
tech3475
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 193

Only other things I can think of is:
1. I was lucky.
2. Some other setting is causing it to work e.g. manual default gateway setting.
3. The homeplug and the router don't like each other (only way to tell if it's the settings/router or homeplug would be to try a setup without the homeplugs (annoying I know)).
4. While testing to get it working I did try plugging in the BT HH for a short while where the WAG320N router is, maybe this could have 'unlocked' something? I had tried plugging a wifi adapter and later the homeplugs into the 'infinity'/wan port of the hh and a lan.
5. Try updating the youview again and retuning it.
0 Ratings
aseymour
Contributor
Message 76 of 193

I did say the WDR4300 worked but I'm actually not sure now - while yes, the Sports channels have appeared and I can go on them without error I get a screen saying i need to subscribe, after talking to support apparently BT Sport is activated on my account (and the extra channels are available for purhcase from today).

If I just get the splash screen, does that mean IPTV worked or didn't work? Very confusing.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 77 of 193

RE: Asus RT-N66U

Well I've just tried again with no success for the IPTV channels.

I'm running the latest firmware , done a factory reset & reconfigured - just the broadband & IPTV settings.

I've even tried the BT supplied homeplugs - just to rule out my Netgears.

Back to my Billion now.

0 Ratings
banditkd
Message 78 of 193

Like a lot of people here I too have the asus and like everyone here, I get the IPC error and no Sports. Just to confirm it was the Asus I plugged the HH3 in and it all worked, well apart from the 18 other channels I ordered and HD sports even though i ordered before Aug 1st.

Another router that I can confirm as working is the Draytek 2820vn which i dusted off and just enabling the IGMP settings in Applications -> IGMP brought sport into life (obviously set it to WAN 2), so for the moment I'm using the draytek and looking to buy the Billion unless a fix can be found for the ASUS.

one ray of hope was that BT 2 level support called me back after me raising a call and after the usual question, pause, silence, clickty click, I have updated some setting sir try now routine, the chap did mention that lots of people were having problems and that they were working on a fix and i'll get notified when it is applied. No I have no idea on what that fix might be but it maybe that BT are aware of an issue that not only affects 3rd party routers ( I did tell him that I was not using the HH3) but also the HH series as well as a quick search on this forum shows that this is not just limited to non HH routers.

So there maybe light at the end of the tunnel. 

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 79 of 193

It would be good if it was something that was fixable outside of your router and the BT network

I've tried every setting I can think of on the ASUS and still no go 

0 Ratings
philnorton
Beginner
Message 80 of 193

So, by doing that, can you still use the Airport Extreme for the wireless and everything just works?
0 Ratings