cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

I tried the TP-link and although it works I found it shoddy for wireless and stability....recommend the billion as its far more stable
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 92 of 193

I've tried the latest Asus firmware & various settings with no luck at all.

0 Ratings
ashsimuk
Message 93 of 193

my settings are the same as the pic in message 69.

my youview box is plugged via LAN 4 and like i said the errors was showing at first. but then i was lookin through the net and found ASUS had updated the firmware. i updated it in the order of the versions like in my last message.

after that i nearly gave up and was going to bridge with the homehub, but then all started working no problems at all for over a week now

0 Ratings
ashsimuk
Message 94 of 193

modem they provided is the ECI Telecom model: B-focus V-FUB/r
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 95 of 193

@ashsimuk wrote:

my youview box is plugged via LAN 4 and like i said the errors was showing at first. but then i was lookin through the net and found ASUS had updated the firmware. i updated it in the order of the versions like in my last message.

after that i nearly gave up and was going to bridge with the homehub, but then all started working no problems at all for over a week now

Same settings I've used but with no luck , maybe I need to leave it connected for a little while before giving up.

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 193

@zarf2007 wrote:
I tried the TP-link and although it works I found it shoddy for wireless and stability....recommend the billion as its far more stable

actually scratch that, a friend of mine bought one of these and has the latest firmware installed and having tried it at my house all of the issues I had seem to have been fixed.....added to that the wireless seems stronger than the billion and its an N/AC router....the IPTV channels are fine as well.....I may just dump the billion and go back to this as the wireless is weaker on that router....

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 97 of 193

@ashsimuk wrote:

Thanks - Is your Youview using static ip or DHCP - if static is dns set to router?

I'm going to try re-applying the firmwares from 276 and see what happens - all one's before that have been removed from the download page

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 98 of 193

Ok - i've factory reset the asus - uploaded the following firmwares in the respective order

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.276

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.168

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.257

Still got nowhere - I then set IPTV to Lan4 and could get the test channel but nothing else

I've off back to shop tomorrow to see if willing to swap for another unit with later revision (B2) in case there is an issue with the B1 release

@ashsimuk what revision is your unit 

0 Ratings
gspar
Message 99 of 193

I have just tried the same thing as walkerx tonight.

My setup is Asus RT-N66U rev B1 which I reset and upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.168 firmware and the HG612 modem. Youview box in LAN3, and I've got IPTV set to LAN3, DHCP on Microsoft and the 2 multicast dropdowns on enable.

I can get the test channel 900 directly from the EPG - the BT Sport Channels just show 'No information available' and a black screen when selected.

However, if I then connect the you viewbox to LAN4, wait for it to connect to the network so that I can now see details of the now/next program on any of the BT sports channels on the EPG, then select the channel I want - initially I just get a black screen. Plug the youview box back into LAN3 and I can now watch the selected channel.

But.. no access to on demand while back in LAN3 and I can't change channel unless moving back to LAN4. Follow the procedure again and I can switch between BT Sport 1, 2 & ESPN

Not ideal by any means, but perhaps shows all isn't lost with the Asus yet...?

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 100 of 193

yeh, when you select iptv for a port it blocks all other traffic which is correct, but then not all stuff coming through so the BT Sports won't work correctly as they come through the BT Player. 

The device needs to work properly so when request IPTV it kicks off the multicast requests and then when its finished it stops the multicast requests so you can use the device for on-demand.

0 Ratings