cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 191 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

Anybody got any idea why my TP-Link Archer VR900 (AC1900) only works with the BT TV channels for about a day, and then I get the IPC6023 error on all channels?

It worked fine straight out of the box, as others on here have mentioned with the recent TP-Link routers. No additional setup was needed, firmware is up-to-date, IGMP Snooping was enabled by default, IPTV setting is off. 

The only way to fix it is to reboot the router. Channels start working again instantly. But after about a day, the error comes back again.

Everything was fine on my old Home Hub 5, but I'm not going back to using that!

0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 192 of 193

What is your exact setup?  Reason I ask is I had issues at first with the Archer VR400. 

My original setup:

BT HH5 -> Homeplug -> Homeplug ->  unmanaged switch (i needed more than the 2 ethernet that the poweline has) -> BT youview box (port 1) -> ports ,2,3,4 all connected to things like the TV, xbox.

The above worked fine with the HH5 but replaced with an Archer VR400 it caused issues in fact some devices wouldnt now connect to the internet, BT sport stuttered as well.  I allocated bandwidth to the MAC of the BT youview box which stopped stuttering but some devices still refused to connect, some did though.

To rectify, i left bandwidth allocation on but moved the unmanaged switch in my setup

Archer VR400 -> Router Port 1 into the Homeplug -> Homeplug ->  BT youview box in port 1 & xbox in port 2 of the powerline.

I have plugged the unmanaged switch directly into the only 1000Mbit port on the VR400 to give me 5 gig ports.

All devices now connect to the internet fine. 

My point being is it could be a device in your network that is causing issues, in my case it was an Arlo Netgear Basestation.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 193 of 193

Thanks for the info. If it is a device on my network, I'm not sure what it could be. My setup is fairly straightforward, I have the YouView box hard-wired directly to LAN1 on the router, a powerline adpater being fed by LAN2 (which is only used to give Internet access to a couple of PCs around the house - nothing to do with the YouView box - and it's a TP-Link powerline too), and LAN3 going to the TV for its Internet access. That's it. Like I say, quite a basic setup!

0 Ratings