cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

Yes I guess I do at the moment as I've TV Essentials (free for 12 months).

I'll check when the wife's away from the TV!

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 193

Also try channel 900 which is test channel

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 193

Just done some more testing and am pleased to say that the following all seem to work with My Humax DTRT1000:-

507 & 510 - Sport 1/HD

900 - Test channel

BT Vision

iPlayer & 4OD for previous days.

Not much else to say really other than I'm more than happy with the Billion 7800N.

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 193

For those finding other routers that are working, can you do it over WiFi or the Vision box has to be hard-wired to a LAN port? I realise you could then "cheat" using powerline adapters to that LAN port, but thats an additional level of devices needing sorted out. A lot of the configuration screens for routers around IPTV seems to be related to specifying specific LAN ports, but not WiFi

I have my YouView and a few other devices connected via a WiFi bridge as powerline adapters don't do well at my property.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 193

@TimCurtis wrote:

Just done some more testing and am pleased to say that the following all seem to work with My Humax DTRT1000:-

507 & 510 - Sport 1/HD

900 - Test channel

BT Vision

Not much else to say really other than I'm more than happy with the Billion 7800N.

Nice - can you post a screenshot of how the finished settings are on your router

And I'll try with the ASUS (as usual no response from them)

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 193

@walkerx wrote:

@TimCurtis wrote:

507 & 510 - Sport 1/HD

900 - Test channel

BT Vision

Nice - can you post a screenshot of how the finished settings are on your router

And I'll try with the ASUS (as usual no response from them)

Don't think that'll help as I had no success with my Asus RT-N66U, which is why I went back to my Billion.

But I'll try & get one for you later anyway.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 193

I notice there's new firmware for the Asus I mentioned above that addresses IPTV issues. Might be worth a try
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 193

@TimCurtis wrote:
I notice there's new firmware for the Asus I mentioned above that addresses IPTV issues. Might be worth a try

downloading now

really annoyed if fixes the issues as have had this reported with ASUS since last week after making complaint, because you couldn't log anything on their website - and they have not been very helpful and keep saying will refer to higher person and will get back to you tomorrow

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 193

downloaded and installed and no difference

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 193

@TimCurtis wrote:

I've a Billion 7800N and today , with Billions help, managed to get both BBC iPlayer (via the Guide) and channel 507 (BBC Sport 1 SD) working perfectly.

The solution for the Billion was to add another profile (Pure Bridge) to the EWAN port along with the PPPoE profile. Save settings & restart. I've also enabled IGMP proxy & snooping but I'm not sure of the relevance of that but will test that further.

I need to do some further testing just to be sure - wife watching TV currently - but this looks very positive.

It's a fair assumption that if my 7800N works OK that other , later models have a good chance of working as well.

Billion support is of the highest calibre & they're very responsive to problems with their routers.

Do you bridge the traffic to all lan ports on the router or only the port connected to the youview box?

0 Ratings