cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

Nope , the profile just says it's using the EWAN port & it's Pure Bridge. Nothing further to do.

You can set up Vlan Mux & 802.1Q VLAN ID but these are blank.

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 193

So am I right to think that even with the Billion router, that you HAVE to have the YouView box connected to a physical LAN port. The IPTV cannot be bonded to the WiFi and then use a WiFi bridge on the YouView box?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 193

@jonstatt wrote:

So am I right to think that even with the Billion router, that you HAVE to have the YouView box connected to a physical LAN port. The IPTV cannot be bonded to the WiFi and then use a WiFi bridge on the YouView box?

I don't think you can necessarily assume that, and certainly in what I've done there's been nothing linking the solution to a physical LAN port.

I've posted that question to Billion support as part of my currently open ticket & I'll get back to you when they've responded.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 193

Wonder if their 8200N works with it as well as if ASUS say their's won't work even though supplied them with a lot of info then I think will have to get one.

Just shame slower wireless speeds 😞

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 193

@TimCurtis wrote:

@jonstatt wrote:

I don't think you can necessarily assume that, and certainly in what I've done there's been nothing linking the solution to a physical LAN port.

I've posted that question to Billion support as part of my currently open ticket & I'll get back to you when they've responded.

I've had a response from Billion saying that they can't see that whether it's ethernet or wireless connection should actually matter.

I'll add that the response wasn't a 100% guarantee, but I'd feel fairly confident about that.

0 Ratings
thisisgil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 193

0 Ratings
thisisgil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 193

@walkerx wrote:

Which router are you using as on the ASUS u have some options, but you have to allow both IPTV and normal internet through the same port

The Cisco Linksys E4200.

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 193

@TimCurtis wrote:

Nope , the profile just says it's using the EWAN port & it's Pure Bridge. Nothing further to do.

can confirm that the IPTV channels and all on demand (including BT vision player) work perfectly on the Billion 7800DXL router. connection has been rock solid and router has many configurations/options that completely blow away my previous Asus/Netgear routers (my asus was also running tomato and still couldnt cut it).....even though this router is not wireless AC i am very happy with both the wireless and wired performance.... (it is still and earl 2013 manufactured router).

my HH4 is officially dumped!

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 193

@zarf2007 wrote:

@TimCurtis wrote:

can confirm that the IPTV channels and all on demand (including BT vision player) work perfectly on the Billion 7800DXL router. connection has been rock solid and router has many configurations/options that completely blow away my previous Asus/Netgear routers (my asus was also running tomato and still couldnt cut it).....even though this router is not wireless AC i am very happy with both the wireless and wired performance.... (it is still and earl 2013 manufactured router).

my HH4 is officially dumped!

Well ASUS are giving me the run-around - won't actually answer my questions directly and just keep saying will pass on to someone else to deal with. Their UK tech support can only be contacted Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm by phone.

I've had better service from TP-Link with my £45 router than has gone belly up after their latest firmware and it's on the last month of it's 3 year warranty - they are rma'ng the device so should hopefully get replacement (or it repaired) so can then check if works with multicasting.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 193

Does anyone know if the NAT loopback on the HH4 actually works properly. I've been trying with my HH3b to get it to work correctly and it's just not having it. Devices when on the LAN cannot connect to the server inside using the FQDN. Well, some ports work, occasionally. 

I've obviously stuck the HH3 in to get the multicast through to my YV box, was using an Airport Extreme, directly connected to the Infinity ONT. The multicast was working great, the NAT not so much. 

If the NAT loopback on the HH4 works reliably, I'll just get the £35 deal from BT, but if not I might try something like a Buffalo Airstation Nfiniti WL-N. It apparently supports PPPoE as well as IGMP, and it's only about £20

0 Ratings