cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 51 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

some routers don't work well when using as an access point - took a while to get my asus working properly as an ap

setup your HH3 as normal

setup your airport for an ip address below HH3 (ie 192.168.1.250/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.250 and DNS point to HH3)

disable DHCP on airport

connect to HH3 and devices should work fine

both my youview boxes are connected to the HH4 and everything else to my ASUS RT-N66U and all working fine - can also then configure both devices from PC

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 193

Done all that, still doesn't work. Mind you I've noticed my HH3b doesn't appear to be on the latest firmware, and doesn't appear to want to upgrade either. 

0 Ratings
aseymour
Contributor
Message 53 of 193

Just curious - what do the settings need to be - I oddly can't seem to find any particular setting for my TP-Link router, under LAN I get the following;

Enabled             

IGMP Proxy:Enabled             
IGMP(Internet Group Management Protocol) works for IPTV multicast stream.           The device supports both IGMP proxy with enabled/disabled option and IGMP snooping.

That appears to be the only options I have, or at least I haven't found anywhere else I can do any kind of IGMP configuration. My on-demand content works fine but no IPTV channels (might not be enabled in this area yet?).

0 Ratings
foxkilla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 193

have you tried the latest 1393 firmware for the asus yet?

Paul
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 193

@foxkilla wrote:

have you tried the latest 1393 firmware for the asus yet?

that has no fixed features for the IPTV stuff included in the previous update.

ASUS are litterally dragging their feet on getting this resolved, have already told them it is extremely bad support

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 193

@TimCurtis wrote:

I've had a response from Billion saying that they can't see that whether it's ethernet or wireless connection should actually matter.

I'll add that the response wasn't a 100% guarantee, but I'd feel fairly confident about that.

Thanks Tim, Just wish Billion would bring out an ac wifi router.

0 Ratings
apshep
Contributor
Message 57 of 193

I have just tried the sport channels and get the IP6023 error. I'm using a HH4 via wifi (TPLink TLWR702N) with no issues on the BT app. All the sport channels display a black screen with the same error.
All catch up services work fine via the same wifi connection.
I've rebooted the box with no change.
Any suggestions? I guess its the same IGMP problem on the TPLiink but not sure where to start.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 193

You are trying to use multicast via WiFi?! Smiley Surprised

Well I think that's your problem. WiFi might be OK for unicast streaming on-demand content where there is a buffer, but the requirements for multicast (with very little buffering) are much more demanding.

For consistency of service (delay & jitter)

WiFi < Powerline < Powerline AV < Direct Cable

And BT don't support anything below a direct cable.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 193

I can confirm that the IPTV channels work fine with Infinity and a TP-Link TL-WDR4900 N900 router. No fiddling required

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 193

Hey Zarf2007

Could you perhaps please provide an update as to how your Billion 7800DXL is performing? Are you using Youview and able to see all BT Sport/ESPN and Test Channel through this router?

If yes, would you recommend it and were there any special configurations that had to be applied?

Thank you

>mark

0 Ratings