cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
3,914 Views
Message 81 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

As in putting the AE into bridge mode and using it through a HomeHub? Yes that will work, however if you want to use any type of NAT through your HomeHub then your mileage will vary. It didn't work successfully for me, otherwise IPTV was fine as was all other internet access

0 Ratings
Reply
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
3,780 Views
Message 82 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

Hey ZARF

Any update on the Billion 7800 ....... All still working ok on multicast channels? Any wi-fi issues?

Maybe a small guide on what additional settings you had to make? Was it similar to this guide - http://www.internode.on.net/support/guides/fetch_tv/billion_routers/billion_7800nxl/

Thanks

>mark
0 Ratings
Reply
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
3,771 Views
Message 83 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work


@Red_Snow wrote:
Hey ZARF

Any update on the Billion 7800 ....... All still working ok on multicast channels? Any wi-fi issues?

Maybe a small guide on what additional settings you had to make? Was it similar to this guide - http://www.internode.on.net/support/guides/fetch_tv/billion_routers/billion_7800nxl/

Thanks

>mark

 

yes, all working fine....i did have a couple of wifi issues but they have released a new version of firmware which seems to have corrected that...

 

to make the IPTV channels work its simply a case of configuring a 'bridge' mapping on the WAN interface, along with the standard PPOE connection for the standard BT infinity broadband....

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
3,589 Views
Message 84 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

Thank you Zarf.

 

I got the Billion 7800dxl, set-up to connect to my Infinity modem and added a bridge. All is working fine across YV boxes and homeplugs. BTS, ESPN and extra channel multicast continues to work.

 

I'm not sure that the signal is any stronger than the HH4 to be honest, however I've not had any drop-outs; that is a positive over the HH4.

0 Ratings
Reply
Wire
Aspiring Contributor
3,539 Views
Message 85 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

I'm finding the Home Hub 3 seems to slow the connection right down a couple of times a day until I restart it.

 

Does anyone know if the ASUS RT-AC56U https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC56U/#overview works. It claims to support IGMP and so forth but people don't seem to have had much luck with ASUS routers.

 

Also does anyone know anything about whether third party firmware like DD-WRT or tomato works?

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
3,483 Views
Message 86 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work


@Wire wrote:

I'm finding the Home Hub 3 seems to slow the connection right down a couple of times a day until I restart it.

 

Does anyone know if the ASUS RT-AC56U https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC56U/#overview works. It claims to support IGMP and so forth but people don't seem to have had much luck with ASUS routers.

 

Also does anyone know anything about whether third party firmware like DD-WRT or tomato works?


I wouldn't trust getting an ASUS to work with multicast, even though they say it will - the N66U is supposed to work, but it doesn't and their support is useless as you can't contact their UK support via email, but only phone which is only possible during 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.

 

I've been trying to get answers out of them regarding the support and they won't give me a definite answer, which means I have a router which is worthless to me and can't be taken back to shop for refund due to length of time it's taken them to respond.

 

If you can get the HH4 on discount price then get it, it won't have a lot of features that 3rd party routers have, but it will work with multicast without having to configure anything, otherwise you could get the billion which others have managed to get working.

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Wire
Aspiring Contributor
3,451 Views
Message 87 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

I'm thinking about getting the TP-Link Archer C7 http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=Archer+C7 which apparently does work with the Internet channels even though it says nothing about IGMP. Failing that I may wait for the home hub 5.

0 Ratings
Reply
ashsimuk
Newbie
3,423 Views
Message 88 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

i had the same IPC6023 error showing on the ASUS RT-N66U with Btsport and changed back to the HH3 to check if working and worked fine. But then...

 

The ASUS RT-N66U is now working perfect with bt sport and internet channels. they recently had a firmware update to fix the multicast setting issues.

 

i upgraded to Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393 via asus website to fix the IPTV problem, then updated to Version 3.0.0.4.374.168. after this it started to work flawlessly with Bt sports and espn (HD also). all on demand working fine too.

 

With a router as powerful as this it was only a matter of time till they fixed the issue via a firmware update. this router also streamed 1080p HD no problems at all via wifi which i was happy with.

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
3,413 Views
Message 89 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work


@ashsimuk wrote:

i had the same IPC6023 error showing on the ASUS RT-N66U with Btsport and changed back to the HH3 to check if working and worked fine. But then...

 

The ASUS RT-N66U is now working perfect with bt sport and internet channels. they recently had a firmware update to fix the multicast setting issues.

 

i upgraded to Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393 via asus website to fix the IPTV problem, then updated to Version 3.0.0.4.374.168. after this it started to work flawlessly with Bt sports and espn (HD also). all on demand working fine too.

 

With a router as powerful as this it was only a matter of time till they fixed the issue via a firmware update. this router also streamed 1080p HD no problems at all via wifi which i was happy with.


If you have got the ASUS working on the latest firmware then please show which settings you have configured on the router - also which modem are you using as there are two types and wondering if this may also be reason why it won't work for some.

 

I was on the 3.0.0.4.372.1393 and had upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.168 (it shows g50fb114 after that) and still no go. I have a HG612 modified which I have taken out of the equation for time being and also the ECI model which is working.

 

Are you also streaming via wifi or hard-wired and are the on-demand products also working (ie bbc iplayer, itv player, nowtv, bt player)

 

@Wire, someone did get this working and also the billions seem to work with a quick config - also I find TP-Link are more helpful than ASUS when dealing with technical queries

 

regards

walkerx

 

 

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
3,399 Views
Message 90 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

well it's nothing to do with the modem as tried both of the ones I have - my ASUS is H/W Ver: B1

 

I've updated to the latest firmware and still no go with the ASUS 

0 Ratings
Reply