cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Multicast Test Channel URL?

Go to solution

Evening all,

It’s been a while since I’ve had BT TV but I’m looking at coming back for the Now multicast integration. 

Since last time I’ve upgraded my network setup, so before I pull the trigger or start playing with settings, I want to check multicast is working correctly. 

The BT multicast preview channel url knocking around online looks to have changed and I can’t find any details of the current one.

The last one was;

rtp://234.81.130.4:5802

Does anyone know (or mind snooping through Wireshark) what the current url is?

Thanks so much,

D

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Multicast Test Channel URL?

Go to solution
Anyone? 🙏
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just wanted to come back and update this thread for anyone else looking for these streams to test their multicast setup.

I did a bit of snooping with Wireshark;

Britbox Barker
rtp://234.81.132.216:5802

Prime Video Barker
rtp://234.81.131.200:5802

BT Preview
rtp://234.81.131.194:5802

Hopefully it'll save someone else having to dig around for the current ones.

D

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@DaveSwan 

Are there any tricks to using these in VLC? I can only find references to older versions of VLC that talk about enabling RTP. That option doesn't appear in the current version.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

VLC will just play them, you shouldn’t need to enable anything. Try this;

rtp://234.81.131.194:5802

Aside from the BBC Sounds slide and barkers for Prime Video, Britbox and Netflix, everything is encrypted, so there’s nothing to see. 

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, that's the URL I was trying. I just get a yellow bar sweeping across the bottom of the screen Knightrider style & no audio or video. AVM say the Fritzbox should pass IGMP but it doesn't seem like it is, so I'll see if they can offer more help.

Appreciate the post.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

No worries.

I had a similar situation of multicast packets not being sent out to both ethernet and wifi interfaces. 

Spent ages trying to figure out why I could get the stream on iPad but not on the iMac - all it took was to unplug the ethernet. 

Maybe worth a try?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks but doesn't work on either ethernet or WiFi.

Found a 3-year-old thread on Thinkbroadband about backing up the 7530 config file, hacking it & restoring. But that was for a different model (7390) & I'm not that brave! I'll report back what AVM say.

0 Ratings