Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lowey
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Multiroom - Extra Box Subscription

Go to solution

I currently have two BT youview boxes (DRT-T2100), both are connected to a TV aerial and the smart hub with Ethernet cables. I am able to watch catch up TV without and problems and I can watch the IPTV(Premium channels) on both boxes (not at the same obviously).

I want to be able to add an extra box subscription to my package but if I try to order online I have to first order an Ultra HD Box at a cost of £49. (Can get UHD as BT can’t supply a fast enough connection but fast enough for multiroom) then select extra box subscription and either Mini Home Plug connectors for £20 (which are not needed as the boxes are connected via ethernet cables) or a BT engineer installation £49 ( not sure what they would have to install). To complete my order, I have to renew my subscription and return a Youview box, I’m 1 week in to a new 12 month contract.

I spoke to Chad in customer services and explained the above but I still have to have the above package to receive multiroom viewing.

Why can’t BT just charge me £5 extra a month for the extra box subscription.

The following help topic point 17 seems to suggest I can

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48891/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDk1NzAwMTEzL...

Any advice would be appreciated

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Multiroom - Extra Box Subscription

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

When you are ordering on line make sure that you are  going via the MANAGE BOLTONS OR ADDONS  to your BT TV route rather than UPGRADE  your BT TV.

That should provide the option to remain  on current subscription and after two or three  screens of other boltons eventually lead to the Extra Box option which IF your account has a record of you having 2 Youview boxes supplied by BT  allow you to select the subscription only and allow you to opt out of installation or purchase of PLA.

0 Ratings
Lowey
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the responses, although both boxed are supplied by BT only one will show on my account the other came from my mother's old subscription.

I did go through the MANAGE BOLTONS OR ADD ONS  and it did give me the option of select the subscription only option for an extra box only after I had selected the UHD box for £49(if I don't select the UHD box I don't get the option for the TV everywhere extra box subscription) but on checkout I had to return a box so BT's systems would still have only showed my account with one box.

I would be happy to £49 + delivery for a box if I didn't have to return a box or pay £20 for mini connector or £49 for an engineer that is not needed.

I've attached the screen shots from my account, perhaps some can advise me if I hav gone wrong.

regardsbt1.JPGbt2.JPGbt3.JPGbt4.JPGbt5.JPGbt6.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Lowey,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Lowey,

Thank you for taking my call. I've managed to order the BT TV Extra box subscription, which should complete over night. I'll check back with you tomorrow to confirm that the service is working as it should.

Cheers

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Lowey,

Thank you for taking my call. I'm happy to hear that the extra box service is working Smiley Happy

Cheers

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Lowey
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Patrick for all your help

0 Ratings
tike100
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@PaddyB- I'm having exactly the same problem, please can you get in touch to help me resolve this too.

Its a Res Official Line

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @tike100

I can help with this please send us in your details using the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings