Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Brewery_15
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Multiroom - extra box subscription

Go to solution

I have two YouView boxes - T1000 and T2100 - and I am wanting to get an extra box subscription.  Not being able to see any option for this on the website I phoned BT yesterday and the very helpful person I spoke to did some checking and confirmed that it is possible to get the subscription only ie without having to buy a 2nd box but when he came to process the order his system required that I either buy mini connectors (£20) or have an engineer install (£49).  As I already have an wired ethernet connection where the 2nd box is going I don't need either.

Does anyone know how I can order the extra box subscription on its own?  At the moment it looks like the only option to pay the £20 for the mini connectors and then throw them away!

Just to add, although both boxes are BT YouView+ boxes, BT only provided one to me, the other I picked up elsewhere.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
GarryJ
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Multiroom - extra box subscription

Go to solution

Funny enough, i was thinking of enquiring to BT about a similar thing, i have a  DTRT2100 as my main box and in a upstairs room have a mini BT "zapper" box, which is basically a freeview box if i need to go there to watch TV, no need for recordings, but i would like a  BT TV pack with BT Sport to watch there, but the problem is, this box did not come from BT, so i assumed as well as the mini connectors, i would also have to pay £49 or £99 for another box which i would not need, so intresting to note there are some people at BT who are willing to allow you to have the extra box option without paying for another box!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@Brewery_15 Send us over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link  and we'll be happy to get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Brewery_15 I called there but missed you, I wanted to let you know the extra box subscription has been ordered and will be added to your BT TV service tomorrow.  Can you let me know if you're happy to close this down as resolved?

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Brewery_15
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks for sorting this out - please go ahead and close it.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks @Brewery_15.

@NeilO is back in office tomorrow but I'll let him know he can close it.

Take care and have a great day.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Brewery_15 No problem at all, I was glad that I could help  Smiley Very Happy

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings