cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Multiroom with EXISTING box, advice neeeded!

Go to solution

Would be grateful for any input here!

I have not yet signed up to BT broadband and TV but I'm looking into doing so soon.

I already have a BT mini Youview box which I purchased from Amazon to use as a Freeview box.

If i took out a BTTV package with entertainment channels. Would the Boost channels work on the Box provided with the Package (main box) as well as the Box that I already own. Without paying the £5 multiroom fee, because essentially I already have a second (mini) box.

I tried BT's Webchat support but they couldn't manage to understand what I was asking. Simply saying that the BT box that I already own wont in any capacity!

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Multiroom with EXISTING box, advice neeeded!

Go to solution

Hi @charliec52 

When a customer takes multi-room with BT they are given the option to purchase an additional box from us if they need it. If not, then the subscription fee for multi-room is £5pm.

The £5 subscription allows you to watch your subscribed channels on both boxes at the same time.

If you wanted to use the box for Freeview only, then there is no need to subscribe to multiroom.

Without paying the £5 multi-room subscription fee, you can use both boxes for your subscribed content but not at the same time.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Multiroom with EXISTING box, advice neeeded!

Go to solution
Thanks for the response! Much appreciated.

I don’t really need to watch two feeds at once. You mention I can use both boxes for subscription content but not at the same time. So as long as one box is on a Freeview channel, boost channels will work on the other and vice versa without changing any settings / main box etc?

Thanks again
0 Ratings