Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rxmax
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Multiroom

Go to solution

Hi, can anyone advise me why BT online ordering system, 3 x telephone analysts and now the “Offline” team, can’t provide me with an second non recordable HD box or allow me to watch BT TV HD in a second room please? Download speed is average at 36 Meg is this the issue? Despite numerous promises no one calls back, seriously annoyed at BT lack of follow up care, I don’t want to return to Sky but running out of excuses not to!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Multiroom

Go to solution

Hi @rxmax 

Just to clarify - are you looking to add an Extra box to an existing BT Tv subscription  ?

or are you a potential new BT TV customer looking to order an  Extra Box in addition to the first box on the same initial order ?

Whether a extra box is an available option would depend upon several factors including broadband speed and the choice of Tv package and channel/addons  you opt for.  

So which TV package do you currently have (or are trying to order if you are new)  and do you have any Sky Sports or Sky Movies addons ?

0 Ratings
rxmax
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, let me clarify further.

I am currently a BT subsciber, I have the BT TV UHD package, Kids HD and AMC, no Sky sports or Sky Movies, I am looking for one extra HD box not UHD as HD will do.

rxmax

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @rxmax  thanks for the further details.

your broadband speed is almost certainly the reason that the extra box not appearing as an available option with your present TV package. I am a little surprised that you are on  the BT 4K  Tv package with the broadband speed you quoted as I thought that BT required higher speeds for the BT TV Max  or BT  Total Entertainment  packages that include the BT Sport 4K channel 433.

There are other multiroom options based upon using the BT TV App Extra that you might consider

https://www.bt.com/tv/appextra/

0 Ratings
rxmax
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi zulu17,

Thanks for the info in your post, if 36Meg isn’t enough for a second box then I will admit defeat and consider other options. I assure you I do enjoy the UHD package and channel 433, BT say it shouldn’t work but it’s been rock solid since day one when BT offered the service to me? I have been using the BT APP Extra in my second room but wanted a box in there as I find it easier.

Stay Lucky and thanks for your assistance in this matter.

rxmax

0 Ratings
rxmax
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi zulu17,

I have checked with BT online help page Andy they state I only require a broad band speed of 23meg?

What do I need to get Extra Box

• Fibre broadband with speeds of 23Mbps or more
  • An Extra Box subscription
  • Two TV boxes, or two recordable TV boxes, or a TV box and a recordable TV box
  • A separate aeriel connection for your second box. We can help if you need an aerial or additional connection points.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

The 4K package has a minimum broadband speed requirement way above 23 so having  the Extra Box package (albeit with a HD recordable or zapper box)   with that would require  a significantly higher broadband speed than that required for a single box 4Kpackage,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

UHD has a speed requirement of 44 mbps, your speed is the reason a 2nd box can't be added, it's possible that downgrading to Max HD might allow the 2nd box ordered, it would mean losing the 4K sports channel but the other content would remain.

0 Ratings
rxmax
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Richie,

Thanks for the reply to my issue, I have discussed this idea with the analysts previously but decided against it  until we tried other things like removing BT App Extra from my subscription, anyway that ultimately failed to.

I will contact the team again this morning with the removal of the UHD package in mind and see how we get on.

rxmax

0 Ratings
rxmax
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Richie,

Quick update, successfully managed to order a second TV box after the cancellation of my UHD subscription and moving onto the Max HD subscription. 

Many thanks again for the heads up re the fix.

rxmax

0 Ratings