cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fenlandman
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Multitude of errors

Had the YouView box 5 months or so. Worked fine until today. Now all the scheduled recordings have disappeared, programmes I’ve recorded don’t play properly (the picture stutters, then screen goes blank for a few seconds and when returns the picture plays very fast to catch up). Also unable to record any programmes, the audio description comes on without prompting and the box is now very unreceptive to the hand controller.  No new electrical equipment purchased or box moved recently. 

Had an on-screen conversation with BT. They suggested a reset but the box won’t allow that. After turning on and holding the down button, selecting the stand-by button doesn’t put the box into maintenance mode, I get a Wake Up message. BT say it’s a new box I need, but I was wondering if anyone had a solution to these issues. 

Finaaly, I have over 50% of recorded telly on the box still to watch. BT say I can download these onto an external hard drive. Any assistance as to how I do this would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Multitude of errors

Try rebooting your Hub, then the box.

0 Ratings
Fenlandman
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Tried rebooting etc but no luck. Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Getting into Maintenance Mode can be a little tricky at times I've found. Are you holding down the Down arrow for the full 5 seconds? And are you actually getting the Maintenance Mode option?

I'd love to know where BT got the bit about off-loading programs to an external HDD as that has been a request with Youview for quite a while but just isn't possible.

0 Ratings
Fenlandman
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I have now managed to get into maintenance mode. Followed the instructions. Restarted but the problems persist.
0 Ratings