cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVmad1998
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

My BT Humax youview breakdowns

Help needed for my BT Humax youview box ...

I have had troubles that box does not pick up any new channels which has come along in the last few months on freeview and yet my aerial is OK as my TV's have picked them up OK and my old Humax HD PVR too, so I know it's the BT box that has the trouble.

The box will find the all channels OK, but then it goes blank with no channels until I power off and on then it goes OK for a time until I find out a new channels has come along by my other freeview items and I rescan and it freezes after finding channels and i have reboot again and all channels are ok again ..

I have used the reset but that has not help that box does not pick up channels and rescaning for channels just freeze are it has scaned and found channels.

I have been a customer for over a year so I feel that BT will say that the box is not covered, so any fix would be helpful by you on the forum please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: My BT Humax youview breakdowns

If you currently have a BT Tv contract then you still get the support for box failures.
Probably best to do a maintenance mode reset on your box if you are confident at following the instructions at

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mod...

0 Ratings
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Even while I am still paying top package with BT with phone broadband and TV I'm had the package for about 15 months unlike virgin which covers your box as long as you are still paying monthly I feel that BT drops you with box that may last few years or so but in the end if you want stay with the services you have spend out for a new box but i don't know how much or how to get a box on BT site with out signing up for new package. ..Shame on BT
0 Ratings
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Its the turners on the box that has stopped working well as my TV's are working with Freeview ok yet the box loose signals and channels and will not receive new channels and i havè done reboot of all types to try and fix...
0 Ratings