cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessfisher
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

My BT Player Or Entertainment Channels Not Working

We have recently taken out BT TV with bt sports and entertainment channels included, how ever the bt player isn’t working when we press on remote? I had bt tv before and never had this issue? Can anyone help?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: My BT Player Or Entertainment Channels Not Working

Hi @Jessfisher can you try these checks and post back to let me know if they help.

Check your box is connected to your network.

• To do this, press the Home (or YouView) button and go to Settings > Signal & Connection > Broadband Connection
  • The status will be connected; the box will automatically try to reconnect if there's no connection available

Accept the Terms of use

You need to accept our Terms of Use before you can access On Demand services on YouView through your broadband. To read our Terms of Use, and accept them:

• Press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Information & Reset > Terms of use > Accept

Scan for channels

Try re-tuning your box:

• Press the Home (or YouView) button and go to Settings > Signal & Connection > TV Channels > Re-tune Channels

Check your box for updates

• Press the Home (or YouView) button and go to Settings > Information & Reset > Software Information > Update Software, then Update Players & Apps

Restart equipment

The next step is to try restarting your BT Home Hub, modem and BT TV box.

• Disconnect the power supply from your Hub and BT TV box. If you’re using Powerline Adapters, switch them off also
  • Wait for ten seconds and then reconnect the Hub
  • When you have a solid broadband light on your Hub, reconnect your Powerline Adapters, if you use them, then wait 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the BT TV box to the power supply
  • Now retry the On Demand programme
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Jessfisher I called earlier sorry I could not get to speak with you. I can see that you reported a fault with your BTTV service on Friday and the notes say the fault has been fixed. I just wanted to check that this is the case. Please post back and let me know.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Jessfisher Thanks for taking my call earlier and good to hear that you now have the channels but are experiencing the IPC6023 error. I've checked and the broadband connection is fine so I have raised this with our BTTV experts and will keep you updated.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Jessfisher The BTTV are looking into this fault for you. They have asked if your Youview box is connected to BT hub via ethernet cable or are you using powerline adapters. Post back and let me know.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Jessfisher The BTTV team cannot see any IPC errors on your BTTV for the last 2 days now. Are you still experiencing the issue? If so do you have any network equipment attached to your homehub ie a Switch?

Post back and let me know.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings