cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

My BT TV Box has stopped working

Go to solution

Hi,

My BT TV has been working for a couple of months all OK.

However, now it has stopped working.

The screen is largely the purple colour with slightly different smaller purple boxes (where the actual programs are normally).  I cannot move the cursor up to the settings and basically nothing is working.  After a while the screen goes blank.

I have tried switching off and on the BT TV box - the fault remains.

I have tried switching off and on the BT hub - the fault still remains.

I have checked the internet connection - all OK and working because I have a music subscription.  I have checked the aerial  and that is all OK and working because I have connected the aerial cable direct to the actual TV and found all the channels.  I al connected the aerial cable to a separate TV and all works OK.

With internet connection and aerial connection  both OK and working I am now at a lost what to do next to solve the problem.

Regards John

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: My BT TV Box has stopped working

Go to solution

Hi, @design4p I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV box, have you tried a reset of the box? If you click on the link there are instructions explaining how to perform a reset using the buttons on the box. I'd recommend first trying the option to keep your recordings. Post back and let me know if this works.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi,

Been away for a few days - But Still the BT TV box not working.

I have tried to reset as per the instructions but from the Screen which says "Maintenance Mode" and a list of reset boxes - the top one says Software Reset and the second Hardware Reset etc.

However, I cannot navigate or choose any of the options from my remote - no button on the remote will move or select any of options.

I did get a BT SMS while I was away informing me that my box required important software update and this would be done overnight and to leave my BT TV box plugged in and connected to the my broadband.  Obviously, being away I could not do this.

If I simply switch on the BT TV Box the screen  appears in setup mode and the screen says "check that your box is connected to your aerial and Lets get started".  Unfortunately, I cannot select the OK button because, again, my remote controller does not control anything on screen and the usual blue light which lights up whenever a button is pressed on the remote does not show.

So I still have a problem and don't know what to do to solve the problem.

Any suggestions most welcome - John

20220129_111847 (5).jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@design4p 

Just to clarify , when the instructions for a maintenance mode reset refer to arrow buttons it's those on the box itself NOT the remote.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@design4p 

I had a similar problem with my BT Pro TV box remote and had to re-pair the remote with the box by doing a reset.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have/resetting-your-remote-contr...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@TimCurtis  The TV Box Pro doesn’t have the range of buttons that previous models have so the maintenance mode  [MM) instructions are different.

Unfortunately the current instructions don’t appear to cover the navigation and selection  of the MM options when they appear. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@zulu17 

Didn't realise it was the Pro box , although message 3 does give a clue I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hello BillyM,

Brilliant - A Big Thank You -

The re-pairing of the remote worked and this allowed me to go through a software upgrade.

All working well.

Regards John

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

My pleasure John - we've all been there. I'm glad it worked and thanks for reporting back. I think there is a way to mark this string as solved so that the rest of the community see a green tick.

0 Ratings