Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMC01
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

My bt remote in our upstairs bedroom switches on the bt box and TV downstairs

Go to solution

Recently, my upstairs bt remote switches the upstairs TV and box but also our dowstair lounge one. I tried recoding the remote but this didn't work. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: My bt remote in our upstairs bedroom switches on the bt box and TV downstairs

Go to solution
I think you need to clarify exactly what is happening.
0 Ratings
CMC01
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: My bt remote in our upstairs bedroom switches on the bt box and TV downstairs

Go to solution

Basically my remote control in our upstairs bedroom also switches our downstairs TV and BT box. I have tried recoding the upstairs remote but to no avail, I have restarted both BT boxes but nothing changes, the remote still switches two TV's and two BT boxes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Are you saying your remote controls a TV and Youview box from a different room with no direct line of sight between the two?

The Youview remote is infrared, not RF and so I don't see how that is possible unless you have a Magic Eye in the upstairs room linked to the downstairs room

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
CMC01
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Yes my remote upstairs switches my TV and BT box downstairs with no line of sight nor do I have a Magic Eye but still have an old sky box connected? Thanks again 😁

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Is the sky box downstairs and do you have a device in the upstairs room to allow you to control it from there?

If so, that is the cause of your problem. They're not selective, they simply relay any infrared signal they detect 

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
CMC01
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks a lot and seems to have solved the problem.