cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eames
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

MyView's not working

It only started tonight that the box won't let me use the MyView option. Other items and Guide are OK. Whenever I hit the MyView it freezes and that's it.. Nothing else.

I have turned the box off for a while many times (by main and standby) it made no difference - can anyone help please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Automan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: MyView's not working

Under settings, check it is seeing your network (broaband connection).

If it can't see the outside world that option is removed from the menu.

EDIT: Whoops, the option is on your menu so perhaps a corrupt hard drive recording?

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Take a look at: http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/The-YouView-menu-is-not-working-properly-137086...

I've seen a youview box that worked properly after the 'hold front button down for 8 seconds' solution. Have you tried that?

0 Ratings
eames
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I don't have front button on the box?

They're on top of the box - will that make any difference?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

See

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mod...

Try the the first two options - soft reset & power recycle

0 Ratings
eames
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for the link to reset.. Unfortunately I tried them all as instructed - it still wont let me see my recordings/scheduled recording - I'm guessing the HD is corrupted after all?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Well the next logical step is to try the maintenance mode reset and finally the factory reset - as described in the earlier link.

0 Ratings
eames
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I've done that as well - made no difference, so that's why I'm assuming its a HD failure. Looks like I'll have to ring BT up and see what they can do.

0 Ratings