cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

NOW Entertainment Channels and the EPG

I realise that this question has been asked several times before, but I have not been able to find a reliable solution to what should be a fairly simple issue.

I have had the BT TV Pro box for about a week but the Now TV Entertainment channels are not showing up in the EPG although I can access them through the app on the TV Box. So far I have

1. Checked that no software update is available

2. Checked that there are no hidden channels in the EPG

3. Disconnected and reconnected the power supply.

I do not want to do a full factory reset as that would mean losing recordings.

As the problem seems to have been known about for over two years, I would have thought that by now there would be a fairly simple solution. Be that as it may, what else can I do to get the channels to appear in the EPG as they should?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: NOW Entertainment Channels and the EPG

You can do a reset and keep your recordings iirc

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

NigelB72

Thank you for that. I found instructions as to how to do that. However, disaster has struck. The box opens a page headed "Maintenance Mode" but then freezes and won't do anything at all. What am I doing wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

By way of an update, I had an online chat with BT which resolved the problem of the freezing, but still no sign of the Now TV channels in the EPG. It is clearly a common  a common problem which should be capable of being resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

So, now I have checked for a software update and re-set the box as well as waiting for 24 hours for Youview to update but all to no avail. I don't think that there is anything else I can do, so is it possible that the problem is at the BT end?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

No Now TV channels showing in EPG on my Pro box also..... tried restting etc.

Must be fault at BT end...   

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi @shawny1967 

There was a problem on our side and we have fixed it, sorry for the poor experience.

If you go to;

Settings > Software Information > Software Update

Your box should find an update and you will see all the channels in the guide.

@northshields , sorry for the inconvenience, can you please drop me a message with your account number and I will get yours fixed too right away!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Darren,

Thank you for that. Do you want my account number here or in a PM? It's just that at the moment I can't see a way to send you a PM.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@northshields 

In a PM please, click on my name, there should be an option

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@northshields 

Thanks for sending a PM, as mentioned in the PM your issue is fixed now, and you should also carry out a software update to restore service.

0 Ratings