cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

NOW TV Buffering

Not sure if this the correct board but...

About two weeks ago we started to get the odd buffing pause whilst watching NOW TV. Its got steadily worse and last night was almost unwatchable! We even had a warning message a couple of times

NOW TV Buffering.jpg

It only happens with NOW TV, no other apps have buffering issues. For the record all my LAN is "hard wired" with top quality Cat6 cables and gigabit switches. There's only one switch between the BT Box Pro and the BT router, and no other hardware was operating through the switch. Around the house I can get gigabit data transfer rates.

Hopefully someone can come up with a solution soon because this totally spoiling our TV watching. Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: NOW TV Buffering

Do you still get buffering if you watch Now TV on a PC or laptop in the same room?

Message 3 of 24

Good idea! I've got a good spec PC already hooked into the AV Receiver. I'll set up Now TV on that and check it out. I'll wait until this evening so I'm also comparing similar timings, thanks.
Message 4 of 24

Even worse via Win10 PC. Didn't even get to start viewing 😞

NOW TV Buffering2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

I also buffering when trying to watch Episode 4 of Last of Us but only on Last of Us 

Message 6 of 24

I am having the same issue. Trying to watch the last of us streaming and almost unwatchable. Hardwired, BT Full Fibre 500 so not a broadband issue. 

This was an issue previously, did a search and there are archived threads, but has restarted seemingly with The Last of Us. Which is the issue BT Box or Now App?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

@StuB71 it's probably the NowTV servers taking an absolute battering... It happens on Prime as well when The Grand Tour release a new episode.

Message 8 of 24

Looks almost certainly server issues. I've just fired up Now TV on my PC and everything is streaming fine. Last night, on the same PC it was a non starter!

I'm surprised we've not seen any complaints on the Now TV forum(s?).

Message 9 of 24

So far so good ......... ish.

Just thought I'd try it for myself on my Windows10 laptop using Microsoft Edge - Fail big style;

Google Chrome, No problem at all.

First (using Edge) I was told that I needed to download an update to the Now TV player which I did and, as stated above, complete failure, I received the same message as posted in message 4.

Then I uninstalled the Now TV player and re-installed it using Chrome, since then everything has been fine regardless of which browser I start viewing with.

I'll check again tonight and see how it goes

Message 10 of 24

I've watched TV on my laptop on and off for a few hours now at different times of the day/evening and so far I've had no buffering issues at all regardless of which browser I start the Now TV app with so I don't think it's a server issue.

0 Ratings