cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: NOW TV Fast forward.

@BillyM  yes I notified moderators. As the issue is with an App rather than BT owned there would I suspect  need to enquire via various other parties as to whether it is a known logged fault  and whether  there is any resolution  plan. So I wouldn't expect an immediate  response.

Message 12 of 21

This is still an issue with my BT pro box connected via 5GHz wifi (about 10 feet away from the router and clear line of sight). Every time, without exception, if I rewind any NOW stream, the green circle appears and then the FF/RW buttons become unresponsive. The stream will continue to play, but then drop out to the SDK.BUFFERING_LIMIT.... error

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

This is still an issue!

Error code: SDK.BUFFERING_LIMIT.UNKNOWN_REASON.MAIN_CONTENT

I can make it happen 100% of the time just by pressing the rewind button while watching on demand content.  Also get the same error 75% of the time when watching live TV content through the NOW app.

Not a bandwidth issue as I've got a 950mb/s FTTP connection.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Re: NOW TVs Fast forward.

@SeanDew  Just checked my BT PRO box on sky sports on demand via Now app and press ffw and get the spinning disc of doom. You can’t do anything else with the picture until it decides to stop and go back to the home screen of whatever your watching in my case Monaco Grand Prix..

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Hi all

I've been having the same issue with my Pro box ever since I've had it. I've had the box about a month now and no matter what I try I keep getting the spinning disc when fast forwarding programmes on now tv. 

Mine is connected via ethernet  cable and I've rebooted the box and the hub and still the issue persists.

Doesn't anyone have a resolution for this error as its extremely annoying ?

Thanks 

@

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

@Bluemoon1 

I've not been getting the buffering error when fast-forwarding since earlier this week. Are you still getting this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

I haven’t encountered the ‘Green Circle’ when PAUSE/FF/REW on Now in quite a few days.

I’m sorry to hear that it’s still happening on some Boxes, I totally understand how annoying it is! 

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

@BillyM   Sorry for late reply, but it looks as if it is no longer doing the spinning disc of doom. It seems a lot faster at FFWD and then restarting. Fingers crossed it’s fixed.

Message 19 of 21

Full disclosure - I work as a Penetration Tester for NOW (Sky/NowTV) at Sky. So I have direct comms access to the various developer teams within the whole Sky organisation. I had a word with the NOW set top box devs a while back and told them that there was an issue with the FFWD/Back functions. They didn't have a clue and said that nothing had been reported to them. I went through the details with them and they put in a software issue on their bug reporting system. Obviously they fixed the issue - whether or not it was directly by me reporting on it I don't know.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@SeanDew thanks for taking the trouble to report it. The bug was a major issue for me when I used NOW so I'm very happy that it was sorted. Thanks again!

0 Ratings