Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apuk2004
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

NOW TV & Chromecast 5.1 issue

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Difficult to categorise my issue.

So I recently renewed my BT contract and went for the NOW TV entertainment package (£20) and the HD bolt on (£5) 

Works fine through my Youview box but when I use the android app on my pixel 3a and try and stream a movie to my Chromecast V3 I only get stereo sound.

I know that you need the BOOST pass which I have and there is an option to switch between stereo and 5.1 but I am unable to do this.

See attached which hopefully explains the problem...

And here is my NOWTV account...

Thanks in advance 👍

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: NOW TV & Chromecast 5.1 issue

Hi @apuk2004 

so the Tv Boost is recognised and works as expected on the Youview box  Now TV app . 

if it is a technical issue with Now Tv app on your variety of phone then that best following up with Now Tv. They do have a community forum as well and often will have a feedback email address in the App Store . 

If it is an account issue then BT would be involved. If Now Tv own app on your phone  is confirming that you have the Tv Boost for the user account  ( that is billed by BT ) you are using then it does not seem to be an account issue. If that same Now Tv app on the phone is reporting that you need the TV Boost  that possibly means that it is simply displaying  the wrong message.

apshep
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: NOW TV & Chromecast 5.1 issue

I also have the same issue which is also open on the following thread 

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/NOW-TV-amp-Chromecast-Ultra-5-1-issue/td-p...

It would be helpful if someone in BT Tech support could pick it up and deal with it! At the moment there seems to be a lot of burying heads in the aand

0 Ratings