cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 44

Re: NOW TV - buffering issues

Agreed, can't see speeds being the problem if you are getting over 40/45mbps.
@pwwhitehead @Ged1106 could you do the same checks? Broadband speed, cable and firmware.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 12 of 44

I sometimes get the same issue with buffering but it dont happen that often. I got my Youview T2100 box I have also seen sound drop outs from time to time. 

I normally get about 70mb speeds 98% of the time. Box in living room is connected via TP Link 300mbps pass though powerline adapters. They will say it could be as I using power line adapters but all the other apps on the Youview box like Netflix, Amazon and iPlayer work mostly fine.

Box in my bedroom is a BT retail 2110 and that is connected direct in to the Home hub6(smart Hub) and sound drop outs and the occasional buffering still happends. Sound drop outs are mainly when watching live channels.

Over on the Youview Community they are aware of the problems and have been looking in to it for over a month now and so far have nothing to report back. 

Wish BT would also look in to this problem.

Darren

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 44

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts.  I am sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing buffering issues when accessing NOW TV through BT’s UHD set-top box.

I just wanted to confirm that we are aware of these reports and we are currently investigating.  If you experience any buffering through NOW TV on BT’s UHD (5G) set-top box, if you pause and restart the stream then this can temporarily resolve the issue, or as @mikef has posted, a rewind/fast forward might also help.  This is not a long term solution but as soon as we know more we will update this thread.  We don’t believe this issue is present in any other model of our TV set-top boxes.

We appreciate your patience while we look into this

Cheers

Matt

Ged1106
Beginner
Message 14 of 44

Hi, yes i have checked speeds and they are always fine, I've changed Ethernet cables twice. The home hub5 assures me it is has the latest firmware. so i'm stumped

0 Ratings
MJV
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 44

I'll throw my hat into the ring on this as it affects me as well. I won't repeat what I have written on other threads but I think it is software/app related. As a new BT TV customer, having left Sky, I was prepared for a compromise in user experience but this very poor. Wouldn't recommend to friends or family. 

0 Ratings
Blu19
Beginner
Message 16 of 44

Re: NOW TV and other apps and channels - buffering issues

I have been with BT since forever, I have the highest level of broadband service and have been very satisfied with that to date. Recently I replaced my Sky box with a second YouView box, my wife already has a YouView box on her TV but now both TVs experience buffering to an irritating degree. Even on live BBC! Help please.

Will a Halo engineer be able to help?

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 44

@Blu19 

Nope, an engineer will not help as this is not a single account issue. Multiple customers are affected going by this thread. 

BT are looking into the issue as per the Mod statement above. My guess is that it is something to do with the firmware of the BTTV box. Hopely they update the thread soon. 

SP

0 Ratings
kpjuk
Beginner
Message 18 of 44

Hi guys,

I have the same problem which only affects Now TV.

I have Smart Hub 2 and a Youview T2100 box connected via ethernet cable. I also have a now tv box connected via ethernet to the Smart Hub 2 and a Laptop connected via WiFi .

I then ran the same episode of Succession on the laptop and BT Youview box, and experienced buffering on the BT Youview box only. The laptop rover wifi ran fine.

This seems to indicate a problem on the Youview box/NowTV App on the box.

Any update on when this is likely to get fixed?

0 Ratings
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 44

Same issue here . I am not sure if my box is 5g or not but have been having this problem since subscribing to the Now tv app, it happens EVERY night.
0 Ratings
Thelancet
Beginner
Message 20 of 44

I’m having the same issues on a Humax DBT2200, which I’m guessing isn’t a 5G box. I have another non-BT Humax box in the other room, and both buffer/drop sound on the Now TV app. I’ve checked for updates for the box and the app and they’re up to date. Getting a bit frustrated now, dls is about 36mb, so should be fast enough if no other heavy internet traffic in my house?

0 Ratings