cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 21 of 24

Re: NOW TV - buffering issues

It seems to be affecting all BT Youview boxes and not just the BT Youview 4k box as the mod posted above.

I was at my sisters a few weekends ago and the Now TV app worked fine on her Samsung 4k Smart TV using my BT log in.

Also you cant always just pause and rewind the stream if you are watching live TV via the Now TV app on a Youview box in the bedroom.

I dont always seem to get the problem if I watch a programme on Sky box sets or Sky Cinema on demand using the Now TV app on the Youview boxes.

Box in living room I watch live Now TV via the EPG.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 24

I'm having same/similar issue.

I read in an earlier post that BT might be tardy in addressing this owing to small number of customers reporting it.

So I am adding to the small number. I imagine there are hundreds unaware of the boards here who tolerate the issue.

I notice it watching Now TV Entertainment on Samsung Smart TV, Humax box. Everything is vanilla though I use extenders rather than ethernet.

Problem doesn't appear when I watch through the TV'S own menu system.

That's it. My days of crawling around on the floor with cables is over by the way. ( An unnecessary comment perhaps but having listened too often to telephone instructions about slow internet, unavailable programs etc I thought I should preempt any well-intentioned help which included the need for Pilates and yoga skills).

Full fibre 900 still streaking down the line at 120. Cheers all and stay safe.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 23 of 24

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on the buffering issue that some customers are facing. NOW TV and YouView are working to fix the buffering issue.  At the moment, I don’t have a timescale for when this issue will be resolved.  The issue is a complex one and as soon as I know more, I will post an update here on this thread.

In the meantime, to temporarily resolve this issue, please pause the stream and then restart it. This should fix the buffering.

Thanks for your patience while this is looked into and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

Thanks for the update Sean. I’m glad it has been recognised as a problem and being addressed. I’ve had this problem since I took out the service. Everything works great except with the Now TV app which will buffer every time after about 45 minutes. As you say, stop and start resolves it, but very frustrating. Unfortunately, I’m not going to hold my breath as Now TV are very slow with software releases - many annoyed Apple TV users are waiting for the latest release because the current app is 720 and not 1080! So, you may need to nag them Sean!

0 Ratings